U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:40 PM

2,636 posts, read 977,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Maybe she is what draws mine down...but she is a busy beaver.
She should bottle it, and make a fortune. I would buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
MOST old people are just about depleted of HGH and there are many products on the market, many companies making their own and even MD's offering injections, I was offered them 20 yrs ago at 60, I declined...and I'm not talking steroids, no way.

Today my daughter 55 and I are both using an HGH gel and getting pretty significant changes in our aging bodies.
I vaguely remember when they first came out with hgh many years ago, and it was terribly expensive. Hopefully it's gone down a lot. What brand do you take please?

Old 07-22-2019, 04:59 PM

23,891 posts, read 8,337,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I vaguely remember when they first came out with hgh many years ago, and it was terribly expensive. Hopefully it's gone down a lot. What brand do you take please?
I was offered injections 20 yrs ago by an integrative MD and it was $300 a month and I declined plus I don't want injections and for sure NOT steroids...there are so many companies who make up products and many sell a lot of high priced amino acids in their products. I'll send you a DM.

HGH is not cheap, but for what my daughter and I are appreciating, $4 a day is worth every penny and keeping us from falling apart in old age.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was offered injections 20 yrs ago by an integrative MD and it was $300 a month and I declined plus I don't want injections and for sure NOT steroids...there are so many companies who make up products and many sell a lot of high priced amino acids in their products. I'll send you a DM.

HGH is not cheap, but for what my daughter and I are appreciating, $4 a day is worth every penny and keeping us from falling apart in old age.
Thank you jamin. It's so much easier, and cheaper to ask you since you are pleased with what you are taking then to have to experiment.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 PM

23,891 posts, read 8,337,569 times
I've talked about Grape Seed EX a lot and I've been taking it 25 yrs soon. It cleans and thins the blood so those taking it do have more energy...blood is cleaner and thinner.

Now those taking pharma blood thinner can't do both.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,430,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I frequently am tired in the evening but yesterday I was so tired it scared me. I'm 76 and 3 months and fairly active, I sleep good, I walk with my dogs everyday. I didn't do any partially hard work yesterday. I believe my health is good. I'm wondering if this is just the way it is. We retire because working all day is too exhausting. I do take a brief nap every afternoon, yesterday a long nap.
My husband is your age, exactly. He sleeps poorly, and yes, often is tired due to that, but if he sleeps well he's not at all tired and does a full day of chores at home, no problem. But he says he is not even like you when he doesn't sleep well. He is pretty much able to do a good day's "work". (Retired but we care for many animals as former rescuers.) I don't think you are entirely normal. Me, too, at 70. But, there is this feature: almost 4 years ago I became a vegan for the animals and he is not vegan. But he eats, essentially, vegan due to my cooking. He once had cardiovascular blockage and believe me, he was tired! He had an angiogram and it showed blockage in the main coronary artery. That blockage has melted away which is exactly what happens if you eat a whole food plant based diet. I am saying: You may be slender, think you are healthy and yet have plaque in various arteries. I can't believe how the plaque has gone to zero in my lower arteries and how it has gone way down in my carotid arteries SIMPLY but eating a zero animal products diet. And no oil in the cooking. Watch You Tube videos by the vegan former President of the American College of Cardiology, Kim Williams, MD, on diet and cardiovascular health.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:43 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,430,000 times
Quote:
Then laugh away, while I, and others continue eating the way humans have eaten for millenia without any problems. Everything in moderation are wise words.
Sorry, "everything in moderation" KILLS: See this:Nutritionfacts. org Moderation kills https://nutritionfacts.org/2018/01/30/moderation-kills/

Old 07-22-2019, 07:48 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,126,799 times
Quote:
Very good post, and I agree. I like this thread. It helps to know we aren't alone. But it still hurts. Aging ain't for sissies.

We have a friend who is in her mid-80's. I said that to her and she acted like she wanted to punch me. I don't know why, but in retrospect it's kind of funny.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Sorry, "everything in moderation" KILLS: See this:Nutritionfacts. org Moderation kills https://nutritionfacts.org/2018/01/30/moderation-kills/
Lol!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,126,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I'm retired three years now. I find that loss of purpose is sometimes depressing. By three I need often nap out of boredom. I find even minor projects like rebuilding a snow blower invigorating.

Tanyafd, there are so many things to do or get involved in. One stupid example; my wife and I walk 3 to 5 miles a day. I carry a suction cup picker and pick up trash as we go. My little city is cleaner because of it. We give ourselves points for stupid things like those little single serve alcohol bottles or drink cups from Dairy Queen. When we get to 500 points we get treat. There are many places to volunteer. It's enough of a purpose for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement