U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 05:56 PM

12,065 posts, read 5,161,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by See If This Works View Post
Mail letters cheap by putting a 2 cent stamp on the envelope and switching the addresses of the sender and recipient. It will be returned to "sender" for insufficient postage but that's were you wanted it to go in the first place.
Uh.....NO. I refuse to cheat anyone even the USPS. Who mails letters anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 06:02 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Uh.....NO. I refuse to cheat anyone even the USPS. Who mails letters anymore?
I do. Lots of them.

And I wouldn't risk that 'trick.'

Old 07-19-2019, 06:04 PM

Speaking of roast chicken, I make my own. I can buy a large chicken, roast it, eat some for dinner and make chicken salad sandwiches for myself for several days for about $5.00. It's not as convenient as buying one already made, but if you like to cook and have the time, then it works well. Besides, the one I buy to cook myself is larger for the same price and I don't overcook it drying it out.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:10 PM

31,758 posts, read 20,035,771 times
My dogs get any leftover food (that is good for them). I cooked the costco chicken in the pressure cooker, add any other meat we didn't eat, saved fat, veggies that aren't going to last, flax meal. Pressure cook for a few hours, pull out all the bones, put it through the food processor to make a pink sludge, freeze in freezer baggies, and mix a tbsp in the night time kibble.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-19-2019, 06:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 6,375,629 times
I don’t buy large chicken anymore. We buy game hens from Costco, 6 for $19, every time I roast a game hen, my husband and I share one with lots of homegrown vegetables. Delicious and healthy. No leftovers, much cheaper then buy a $8/$10 from Traders Joe and then having to reuse for other meals. I don’t like the chicken from Costco. Maybe cheap but more fat. Game hen has virtually no fat.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:17 PM

9,013 posts, read 7,774,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
No land line here. My wife and I each have Virgin Mobile prepay service...$30 a month. No contract. We bought our iPhones upfront with Virgin Mobile.
I have Virgin Mobile monthly plan at $35 per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data though the data slows for 4G to 2G if you use to much (5GB???) per month. They bill my AMEX card each month thus not a pre-paid service. My girlfriend has the same plan She exceeds her data every month. I do not. Great plan.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I have Virgin Mobile monthly plan at $35 per month for unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data though the data slows for 4G to 2G if you use to much (5GB???) per month. They bill my AMEX card each month thus not a pre-paid service. My girlfriend has the same plan She exceeds her data every month. I do not. Great plan.
I had Sprint for years. I finally switched to Consumer Cellular. I found I get better coverage from CC and my bill dropped from $86 to $27 per month. I have no problem not exceeding the data they give me per month. I don't watch movies or play video games on my cell phone. Phone calls and texting are unlimited.

Last edited by marino760; 07-19-2019 at 07:20 PM..

Old 07-19-2019, 06:33 PM

6,721 posts, read 8,081,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Speaking of roast chicken, I make my own. I can buy a large chicken, roast it, eat some for dinner and make chicken salad sandwiches for myself for several days for about $5.00. It's not as convenient as buying one already made, but if you like to cook and have the time, then it works well. Besides, the one I buy to cook myself is larger for the same price and I don't overcook it drying it out.
We butterfly chickens or a whole turkey breast and roast in the oven on oven pans with racks. We start out slicing for sandwiches, and after a few days chop the rest for chicken or turkey salad. Great way to stretch a dollar.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:54 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,414,486 times
When my wife and I go out for dinner, we order one dinner and share it. We save a few bucks and a few calories too

Old 07-19-2019, 07:39 PM

7,748 posts, read 4,758,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The Salvation Army is a religious organization

Thank you for that late-breaking news flash.

I'm an atheist and I support the Salvation Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement