Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 05:08 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Oh yeah, it does ring a bell, at least I recognize the Dog Night part.
Huge back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 06:50 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
We saw The Happy Together Tour last night.

The Cowsils, The Buckinghams, The Classics IV (now it's the Classics II), One Dog Night, The Turtle, The Archie, and Gary Puckett (no Union Gap)

I asked for a senior discount, but at 61 I was the youngest guy in the crowd. One Dog Night got a standing (with walkers) ovation !!

These old guys prove you can live a hard life, and still rock and roll. I doubt any of them are younger than 70, and they still got it.

Chuck Negron (One Dog Night) still has the voice, and is 77. Jeremiah was a bull frog...

Don't give up, rage, rage against the dying of the light...
Yikes I saw 3 Dog Night in the 80s and even then they were a dinosaur band.

But Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are 75 and The Rolling Stones are going on tour yet again (and to think I saw what was deemed "the last tour" in 1981).

"It's better to burn out, than fade away"

Old 07-23-2019, 07:32 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Old guys cannot duplicate their 20s. Paul McCartney's voice is gone. Many of those guys sing the songs in a much lower key and non-musicians in the crowd cannot tell the difference. The only old guy I saw that sang in the original key was the lead singer of the Zombies.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:37 AM

357 posts, read 225,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
We saw The Happy Together Tour last night.

The Cowsils, The Buckinghams, The Classics IV (now it's the Classics II), One Dog Night, The Turtle, The Archie, and Gary Puckett (no Union Gap)

I asked for a senior discount, but at 61 I was the youngest guy in the crowd. One Dog Night got a standing (with walkers) ovation !!

These old guys prove you can live a hard life, and still rock and roll. I doubt any of them are younger than 70, and they still got it.

Chuck Negron (One Dog Night) still has the voice, and is 77. Jeremiah was a bull frog...

Don't give up, rage, rage against the dying of the light...

All of the Cowsills are under 70, and one is younger than you.
If you were in OC at the Pacific Amphitheater,
you weren’t the youngest guy in the audience

We had a 30-something in the row in front of us who was dancing in the aisles with his beautiful lady and singing along with the bands.

It was fun. We also saw them night before out at Pala. It’s a flat venue, so very accessible to walkers and wheelchairs. We saw lots of them, and it was wonderful to see everyone get out and enjoy their music from 50 years ago.

Signed,
A Cowsill Fan from the get-go

Old 07-23-2019, 08:45 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
The Rolling Stones and the rest look ridiculous to me jumping around and singing songs of youth rebellion, angst, love.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The Rolling Stones and the rest look ridiculous to me jumping around and singing songs of youth rebellion, angst, love.
IDK, sometimes I think that, but then I'm jealous they CAN still jump around as if they were young.
If they can, and people still love to see it, why not! They have the energy, good for them.

Same way I feel about old ladies in bikinis---you go, girl!

Old 07-23-2019, 10:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I went and saw Stephen Stills about 6 months ago in concert with Judy Collins. Judy still sounds beautifully and carried the show but Stephen should retire. I can just imagine David Crosby would be pretty weak at this point also.

It's a shame also because he had one of the most talented voices and carried CSNY all those years. It's one reason people like Eric Clapton tour now with several backup singers. They just cannot sing like they used too.

The one exception I've found is Don Henley and Tim Schmidt with the Eagles. Even being a huge Joe Walsh fan, Joe does OK but he's starting to fade but considering his years of abuse he's just lucky to be alive.

Got a chance to see Tom Petty for the 1st time on his last tour and he was fading fast but put on a great show with Joe Walsh.

The old rockers are fading away. The best music ever made.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 AM

18,091 posts, read 15,670,593 times
If there's a market (and there apparently is) and the money's flowing, and the guys/gals want to perform, they will, simple as that. Music doesn't care about age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement