U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 01:22 PM

560 posts, read 319,320 times

Advertisements

Never, but I have unfortunately let some people down over the years. Not so much lately though.

Good luck, Rg

Old 07-25-2019, 02:10 PM

5,018 posts, read 1,906,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Wow, ask for people to comment and then call them rude. How old are you?
Obviously, you did not read the comment I responded to where the person said she didn't like "people like me" and that she had "gotten rid of them" - and some other choice insults.

How old are you?

Old 07-25-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Never, but I have unfortunately let some people down over the years. Not so much lately though.

Good luck, Rg
On the letdowns: At least you have remorse and have improved the behavior!

Old 07-25-2019, 03:20 PM

560 posts, read 319,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
On the letdowns: At least you have remorse and have improved the behavior!
Either that, or I'm too old for those types of situations to occur again! Just kidding, I have changed my way of thinking as I grew up.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:40 PM

17,136 posts, read 17,461,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
What do you mean by "betrayal"? Please give a few examples.
I returned to this thread after being gone for a few days. The reason that I asked the question was that it seemed hard to believe that someone had "10 to 20" people betray them and not consider that unusual.

Have I been annoyed by someone? Yes. Has someone disappointed me? Yes. Has someone told me a white lie? Yes. Has someone exaggerated the benefit of something to me? Yes.

But, has anyone betrayed me? Nope, not once in 67 years.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I returned to this thread after being gone for a few days. The reason that I asked the question was that it seemed hard to believe that someone had "10 to 20" people betray them and not consider that unusual.

Have I been annoyed by someone? Yes. Has someone disappointed me? Yes. Has someone told me a white lie? Yes. Has someone exaggerated the benefit of something to me? Yes.

But, has anyone betrayed me? Nope, not once in 67 years.
Wow. That is truly remarkable!!! Unbelievable, actually. I would love to know more about your life - see a picture of you, understand HOW this could be possible.

The betrayals I have had have been parents, lovers, husbands, friends, children, and business acquaintances!

I believe that each person has different lessons in life, so apparently I was "supposed" to go through this to learn to be stronger or something.

It's amazing to me that some live truly charmed lives. Hard to imagine. Must be nice.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:34 PM

7,332 posts, read 8,693,690 times
What does it matter what happened to anyone else, when, or why? The real question is, how *you* cope, what *you* have done or will do in your own life to deal with whatever issues occur.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:39 PM

13,436 posts, read 6,428,145 times
I’m going to play Sinatra here,
Betrayals, I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention, I did what I had to do,..

Old 07-25-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
What does it matter what happened to anyone else, when, or why? The real question is, how *you* cope, what *you* have done or will do in your own life to deal with whatever issues occur.
Of course. I was just curious.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 PM

4,008 posts, read 2,064,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Wow. That is truly remarkable!!! Unbelievable, actually. I would love to know more about your life - see a picture of you, understand HOW this could be possible.

The betrayals I have had have been parents, lovers, husbands, friends, children, and business acquaintances!

I believe that each person has different lessons in life, so apparently I was "supposed" to go through this to learn to be stronger or something.

It's amazing to me that some live truly charmed lives. Hard to imagine. Must be nice.
I don't think it's a case of some having "truly charmed lives". I think that other people may define a betrayal differently than you do. That might be attributable to the nature of the incident, or the severity of the action, whatever. However, that doesn't mean that these other people have lived lives of perfect ease and lack of conflict, stress, or pain. They may have just interpreted those incidents and actions that were taken against them in a different way than you do, and not as "betrayals". The bottom line that I get from your post is that you are still incredibly bitter about the betrayals you have received, or perceived, in your life and that it is negatively impacting your current interactions with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or