U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

5,015 posts, read 1,906,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I think the screen name should be changed, maybe it affects peopleís reaction. In one hand you donít want people to know your business, in another hand you are posting and asking a lot of questions thatís considered nosy as hell.
I think you are onto something!

People assume I have great audacity to have this screen name and then ask "nosy" questions (questions that no one EVER has to even think about answering, but . . . )

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

3,360 posts, read 3,067,866 times
Never.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,163,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Never.
N. Cal,

Whether you have been betrayed by 10-20 people or none is really nobody's business. Just be aware that the following statements or conclusions may apply to you ;-)

Quote:

You must live in a vacuum - there is no possible way I can believe this - I think it's just an attempt to brag and say you are perfect and your life has been perfect and that is B.S.

It's amazing to me that some live truly charmed lives. Hard to imagine. Must be nice.

If you have had people "lie, cheat, and steal" from you, and you're good with that, then your standards for friendship or relationship are truly low - so low you must be desperate in some way. No self-respecting person could continue on like nothing has happened under those circumstances. To me, it indicates really low self-esteem and spinelessness to the point of groveling for a relationship.

the conclusion I made about this is that these people are likely "shut down" emotionally, and probably have a lot in common with the people I used to have to interact with in corporations - kind of robot people.

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

3,033 posts, read 2,252,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Just wondering what other people's experiences have been with betrayal.

I have been betrayed by (I am guessing - haven't actually counted) between 10-20 people.

Just had one happen today out-of-the-blue, so that's why it's on my mind, and just wondering how "normal" betrayal is.

Do you mean a cheating spouse?

None.

I've never cheated and neither has my wife (at least to my knowledge...)

My mother has a friend who was married for fifteen years (no kids). Then the husband left for her for another woman and started a family.

This all took place decades ago but my mom's friend never got over it. She has remained bitter to this day.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

757 posts, read 613,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Never. And I'm old enough to have had numerous experiences where that could have happened in various facets of my life. Betrayal is an active verb... I've been disappointed in people and lied to on rare occasions but nothing that feels like an intentional and purposeful betrayal. Betrayal is a matter of expectations, relationships, actions, confidences, perceptions, and sometimes risk.

People, including teens, will say anything to you as long as they can get to their next fix (vaping, weed, or lover/druggee you disapprove of). We always think the best things of our kid(s) but once the months of lies (lets call it 2 years) are exposed it is more trust shattering than losing your significant other.

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

10,606 posts, read 14,394,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Do you mean a cheating spouse?

None.

I've never cheated and neither has my wife (at least to my knowledge...)

My mother has a friend who was married for fifteen years (no kids). Then the husband left for her for another woman and started a family.

This all took place decades ago but my mom's friend never got over it. She has remained bitter to this day.
Nah, OP posted a thread that monogamy isn't natural, given that, how could cheating possibly be a betrayal?

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

2,507 posts, read 1,094,651 times
I believe this thread has run its course. It will be closed at the next sign of bickering.

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

12,285 posts, read 6,992,412 times
I don't care or need to rehash old transgressions. now is all about good stuff. anything negative in the past is water under the bridge and happily forgotten.

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

11,961 posts, read 20,449,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I'd like a hot fudge sundae, extra large. Whipped cream and nuts. Thanks!
And a Peanut Buster Parfait, please!

OP, I canít imagine there isnít anyone among us that hasnít had this happen to us.

But the thing is, I donít dwell on stuff like that because itís not healthy to dwell on stuff like that. You learn your lesson and you move on.

Now you can either cut that person out of your life as I have done when someone pulled high drama antics on me, or you can realize maybe there was more going on than just your transaction with him and maybe the two of you should talk it out and see what happens.

Thatís how adults handle it. Of course I donít do drama.

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

9,053 posts, read 7,809,390 times
Sounds like this should be in the Relationships Forum, not the Retirement Forum unless they screwed you out of your retirement...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or