U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 06:13 AM

8,241 posts, read 11,957,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
As someone else mentioned, try posting to relationships forum with some of these personal questions you post about relationships. You'll probably get lots of responses from people of all ages which you'll probably find much more interesting since you seem to like threads about personal drama
Oh, the OP creates these types of threads there as well. Here's one from just a couple of days ago:

You Do Realize Monogamy is Not Natural, Right?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:21 AM

4,008 posts, read 2,064,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Once again you start a thread wanting details about intimate issues in someone’s life and when someone questions you or asks for clairification, you bite back. Why? You put this out there. Would it kill you to give an example? You obviously have something in mind from your own life. And if you’re reluctant to post specifics, why do you think others would?
I agree totally. I can't tell if you're talking about a friendship betrayal, spousal betrayal, betrayal by a business partner, etc. Any of these types of betrayal would put this topic into another forum for discussion, but they have nothing to do with retirement unless you want to discuss that being retired you just sit around and brood on all the people who have betrayed you. Is that your actual focus?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:51 AM

12,839 posts, read 14,149,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
is this a retirement issue really or just personal relationships ? a lot of these subjects simply have an age thrown on but are not really retirement issues so to speak .
This is the Retirement forum, where I wouldn't expect a large number of people under sixty, and he OP does say in the title "In Your Long Life......." which does further emphasize older people and a long view.

Is it about Social Security, pensions, Medicare...and so on, which are rather specific to the state of not working any longer? No, it isn't. But then other threads in this forum do not touch those either: Tiredness in Old Age, The Millionaire TV Show, and on and on. Why is the first not in the Health forum then? And the second in Entertainment?

Perhaps the moderators ought to find a way to chop the forum in two so that there is a section specific to the mechanics of retirement, and another section for taking the long/reflective view of things.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:53 AM

12,122 posts, read 5,199,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
This is the Retirement forum, where I wouldn't expect a large number of people under sixty, and he OP does say in the title "In Your Long Life......." which does further emphasize older people and a long view.

Is it about Social Security, pensions, Medicare...and so on, which are rather specific to the state of not working any longer? No, it isn't. But then other threads in this forum do not touch those either.

Perhaps the moderators ought to find a way to chop the forum in two so that there is a section specific to the mechanics of retirement, and another section for taking the long/reflective view of things....I thought of "Elder Chat", but considering the hysteria that "elder" provokes, it's a lousy idea.
There's already a chat room in the retirement forum for this purpose.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:59 AM

72,164 posts, read 72,121,987 times
i dont see this as a retirement issue at all because some one uses the words "long life". your right marino , this is more of a chat subject

Old 07-24-2019, 07:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,606,681 times
It's happened but I choose to not dwell or dig up such stuff. Forgiveness means letting go. No need to count.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:20 AM

12,839 posts, read 14,149,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i dont see this as a retirement issue at all because some one uses the words "long life". your right marino , this is more of a chat subject
And "Tiredness in Old Age" or "The Millionaire TV Show" and on and on? These are retirement issues?

Old 07-24-2019, 07:34 AM

26,106 posts, read 33,121,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Once again you start a thread wanting details about intimate issues in someone’s life and when someone questions you or asks for clairification, you bite back. Why? You put this out there. Would it kill you to give an example? You obviously have something in mind from your own life. And if you’re reluctant to post specifics, why do you think others would?
Jesus H. No freaking kidding. OP would probably benefit by not assuming that the world knows his mind.

Some of the supposed “betrayals” might be related to this.

To answer the original question - never.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 AM

6,382 posts, read 5,105,233 times
never

Old 07-24-2019, 08:04 AM

24 posts, read 8,839 times
How many times, I just don't know, but I guess every time I deal with salespeople I suspect I'm about to need a lubricant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or