U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 11:54 AM

5,016 posts, read 1,906,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Not really. Everyone betrays a drama queen sooner or later, their lives donít work unless someone else is wronging them. With no self awareness or ability to see beyond their own view, they seek the empathy and attention they so desperately need with tales of their betrayals, which are never ending.

The semantics or connotation of the word betrayal, not the definition, is the problem with this discussion.

Iíve never experienced betrayal of any kind, major or minor, yet. Have people disappointed me? Of course. My disappointments may be seen by you as betrayals in your life.
Who are you referring to as having "no self-awareness or ability to see beyond their own view?" Who are you accusing of being a "drama queen" - seeking "empathy and attention they so desperately need with tales of their betrayals, which are never ending?" Are you an expert on this subject?

So, you, who have had NO BETRAYALS EVER - are so self-aware, yet others are "drama queens." Got it.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 PM

4,706 posts, read 3,274,740 times
I think this thread has crashed and burned.

Moderators, what do you think?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:10 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,686,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Who are you referring to as having "no self-awareness or ability to see beyond their own view?" Who are you accusing of being a "drama queen" - seeking "empathy and attention they so desperately need with tales of their betrayals, which are never ending?" Are you an expert on this subject?

So, you, who have had NO BETRAYALS EVER - are so self-aware, yet others are "drama queens." Got it.
I deleted my edited post and will go with the one you quoted. I was defending the other poster’s use of the phrase drama queen in the context of betrayal.

I am an expert on this subject. I worked with a drama queen of epic portions for too many years. Not a day went by without someone betraying her. Drama queens are the black hole in their own universe, they attempt to suck in all the light and everyone around them. They never see that though.

Have I been betrayed by anyone? No. Have I been disappointed by anyone? Many times. My disappointments may be your betrayals.

Last edited by jean_ji; 07-24-2019 at 12:18 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I deleted my edited post and will go with the one you quoted.

I am an expert on this subject. I worked with a drama queen of epic portions for too many years. Not a day went by without someone betraying her. Drama queens are the black hole in their own universe, they attempt to suck in all the light and everyone around them. They never see that though.

Have I been betrayed by anyone? No. Have I been disappointed by anyone? Many times. My disappointments may be your betrayals. We are different people.
It is unwise to lump people into groups for the purpose of pathologizing them.

Yes. I know "drama queens" too (mentally ill people with Borderline Personality Disorder) - AND - I know perfectly functional people who have been betrayed. There are bad people in the world and most people run into them from time-to-time. Count yourself extremely lucky that you have avoided them somehow (and it is not due to your virtue).

Old 07-24-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I think this thread has crashed and burned.

Moderators, what do you think?
So because you don't like this thread - have no interest in adding to it in any productive way - it should be shut down to placate you?

If I had the energy, I would seek out all of your boring threads and bust in and say they should be shut down because I don't like them - lol

Old 07-24-2019, 12:23 PM

There is a theory about "black sheep" - people who are scapegoated - they are run-out-of-town (the image of the black sheep) because they hold awareness that the group does not want to deal with.

It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:23 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,686,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It is unwise to lump people into groups for the purpose of pathologizing them.

Yes. I know "drama queens" too (mentally ill people with Borderline Personality Disorder) - AND - I know perfectly functional people who have been betrayed. There are bad people in the world and most people run into them from time-to-time. Count yourself extremely lucky that you have avoided them somehow (and it is not due to your virtue).
Not virtue, but equanimity. I am lucky in many ways and am grateful. Continue on, but I’ll bow out and choose not be a lightning rod for your anger.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:26 PM

6,382 posts, read 5,105,233 times
I was probably "betrayed" this week, but since i only find it amusing - it didn't matter -lol

Old 07-24-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Not virtue, but equanimity. I am lucky in many ways and am grateful. Continue on, but Iíll bow out and choose not be a lightning rod for your anger.
Sounds good.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:30 PM

1,630 posts, read 1,324,480 times
Quote:
I deleted my edited post and will go with the one you quoted. I was defending the other poster’s use of the phrase drama queen in the context of betrayal.

Have I been betrayed by anyone? No. Have I been disappointed by anyone? Many times. My disappointments may be your betrayals. We are different people.
She takes it personally because she is “extra sensitive” by her own admission.

Nothing anyone can do to help her with that. She would have to work on herself or get therapy. I would get tired of walking on eggshells around someone like her.

Maybe her business deal fell through because the other person had a financial setback or something similar and could not go forward. We don’t know because she only gives snippets and doesn’t explain.

She described her definition of being betrayed” as: trusting someone to have goodwill and to be on your side, and then finding out they don't give a crap or are plotting your demise behind your back.

Sounds like to me she has unwittingly cultivated some enemies or at least some family and friends who want to distance themselves from her. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by funisart; 07-24-2019 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or