U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

29,903 posts, read 34,959,090 times

Advertisements

A cautionary warning to pre-retirement outdoor chefs.

Retirement can create more time to enjoy your cooking and that can mean the insatiable desire for more equipment and accessories. Avoid YouTube, Grilling forums and groups on Facebook. It can become addictive and new cooking equipment doesn’t mean getting rid of old. I didn’t like my medium BGE and one of the major reasons was the lack of accessories so I got a Kamado Joe classic. Lots of accessories and now how to stop buying.

My wife just says do what you want!

Hmmm m. She likes the food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM

22,076 posts, read 14,493,357 times
We have a gas grill, and DH has learned to use it well. Before, we had a cheap grill, and it never performed well.

But he can turn out grilled chicken, steak, chops, and burgers. I'd like to try grilling veggies, but he balks. I think he considers the grill best used for flesh. I have made ribs in the Instant Pot, and then he finishes them off on the grill with sauce. They are good.

Our gas grill is a Weber.

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

29,903 posts, read 34,959,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We have a gas grill, and DH has learned to use it well. Before, we had a cheap grill, and it never performed well.

But he can turn out grilled chicken, steak, chops, and burgers. I'd like to try grilling veggies, but he balks. I think he considers the grill best used for flesh. I have made ribs in the Instant Pot, and then he finishes them off on the grill with sauce. They are good.

Weber warranties are worth the price. They last and if a problem Weber is great honoring the warranty

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,101,471 times
I was thinking of some delicius beef ribs all afternoon.................

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,101,471 times
Quote:

OMG - he needs to do the grilled veggies!!!

Old Today, 02:39 AM

23,744 posts, read 17,696,480 times
Quote:

One of my favorite things to grill is corn. A food truck I frequent rubs native corn with a cayenne pepper paste he told me about. I made that a couple weeks ago. I grilled some skewers with yellow and zucchini squash, grilled peppers and onions, and tomatoes awhile back. Excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement