U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM

24,038 posts, read 8,391,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Why don’t you take care of her dog so that she can go on her short trip?
I can't take care of anyone's pets, I'm happy to be able to walk the short distances I do with my walker, that's why. I'm happy I can keep my plants (fig tree) in living room healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

31,849 posts, read 20,112,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I can't take care of anyone's pets, I'm happy to be able to walk the short distances I do with my walker, that's why. I'm happy I can keep my plants (fig tree) in living room healthy.
Awww. What care would the pooch need? Open the door to let him in and out, feed him, make sure he has water. Leave the poo for your daughter!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Awww. What care would the pooch need? Open the door to let him in and out, feed him, make sure he has water. Leave the poo for your daughter!
Oh Mikala please you have no clue how much care this dog needs -- I can't just open the door to leave her out, she would be gone. I don't have a yard, live in a small apt.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM

31,849 posts, read 20,112,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh Mikala please you have no clue how much care this dog needs -- I can't just open the door to leave her out, she would be gone. I don't have a yard, live in a small apt.
I was thinking you would stay at your daughters.... /shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was thinking you would stay at your daughters.... /shrug
Until you meet me Mikala don't assume, please.

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,008,545 times
We have a border collie and a rough collie. They are momma's boys, but they like me. Right after we got them, they found four kittens. We kept two and gave my sister the other two

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM

5,233 posts, read 11,696,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Larger dogs tend to have shorter lifespans. The very small dogs can go on forever. I have a Great Dane who is supposedly on his last legs, and the vet estimates him at nine years old. My medium-sized dogs are nine (two of them) and I consider them my youngsters (although they are nicely reasonably calm). My others are both 15, one a 10-pound Pomeranian with one giant tooth, and the other a mini-Aussie, about 30 pounds, who is showing her age a lot but still delightful and keeps busy when awake (guards the door).
That seems to be the norm but with my girls, they lived to a good-old ripe age. My yellow Lab, Lady, who was 75 pounds lived to be 15 1/2 and her daughter, my Katy who was part Lab and part Catahoula, died May 10, 38 days short of turning 16. She was 50 pounds. Their vet was quite surprised at their longevity. I miss them both so much.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

4,100 posts, read 2,660,500 times
Brittanys are great dogs. If I ever get a dog that's not a GSD, a Brittany spaniel is on my short list. I have a friend who does Brittany rescue.

To the poster thinking about a malamute. Unless you are prepared to put up with a lot of dog hair, I wouldn't get one. They are sweet dogs but their shedding is epic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement