Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 PM

810 posts, read 871,229 times

Advertisements

The new Prime Minister of the UK, Boris Johnson, was spotted at a Tory leadership debate in June with one of his socks inside out. His rumpled manner of dress is being written about. This could be the start of a trend, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:26 PM

4,607 posts, read 3,300,134 times
If you've got the attributes of the girl in the picture above, no one will be caring whether your shirt is inside out, upside down, or backwards.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Maybe that’s the answer, lol.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:36 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Try to put it on backward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
The place I worked had an employee tram to take us from the parking lot to the building. One day my supervisor got on the tram and sat across from me. When I looked down I saw that he was wearing one black shoe... and one brown. Lol
I said... I bet you have another pair just like them at home. 😂
Years ago I had two similar pairs of shoes, one black and one brown. Let's just say I showed up to work one day, looked down, and realized why I should turn on the light before putting my shoes on...

Old 07-29-2019, 09:36 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Just wondering what is wrong with me. Every thing I put on is either inside out or on backwards. And it's not in haste either. I try to find the tag, put the garment on, then realize I did it wrong. I have gone to places with my T shirt inside out. Anyone else with this problem?
Superman was telling me last week about how he always makes the mistake of putting his underpants on over his tights, it drives his girlfriend nuts.

My buddy's Dad stopped wearing socks when he got older, I think it was because they were a pain to put on. Personally, I'm thinking of growing a ZZ Top beard when I get older so I no longer have to shave, that's my own personal PITA. For years, I wore a "uniform" at work (poplin work shirt and blue work pants), I had six pairs of each, just so I didn't have to think about what to wear in the morning - always clean, but always the same - highly recommend it, if you can get away with it.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:53 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Funny, I was thinking about this only a few days ago, after I had once again put on shorts backwards and worn them like that for a couple hours before realizing it. Good thing I was only doing chores outside the house, and neighbors are too far to see.

When I was 29 yrs old, I put on a T-shirt backwards one time. Exactly one time in all my previous decades. But in the last couple of years I’ve done it or almost done it at least three times. The reason: No mirrors around! One of the times, I also had grabbed clothes and put them on in the dark.

One of these days I’ll put up a mirror. Can’t say the lack of one has degraded my quality of life, though.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:55 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Look at the bright side. You might start a new trend that all the teenagers will catch on to. Patent it now! Leverage this.

I mean right now, look at all the women who pay TWICE AS MUCH FOR JEANS WITH RIPS IN THEM!
She's wearing a tank top six sizes too small and you look at her pants?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Just wondering what is wrong with me. Every thing I put on is either inside out or on backwards. And it's not in haste either. I try to find the tag, put the garment on, then realize I did it wrong. I have gone to places with my T shirt inside out. Anyone else with this problem?
Continually doing this isn't right: you need to talk to your doc.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Lands End for some reason started writing what the garment was in the front. I got used to looking for the printed tag and pulling my pants on... then they started printing Sport Knit Pant on the front and I was putting them on backwards.

I e gotten used to it. But still — really?

Old 07-30-2019, 02:25 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I have several Under Armour style shirts that look basically the same either way. I had one on backwards for about half a day a couple weekends ago before I noticed it.
Yes - same here - same brand workout shirts.

Op, possibly an eyesight issue (cataracts). Family friend determined they had cataracts when they couldn't see stop signs while driving - that was pretty alarming. Shirt tags isn't a big deal, but it could be a sign.

Are there any other peculiar things that you've noticed yourself doing regularly? I recall in nursing school years ago I would have to administer this mini-mental status exam to elderly patients for screening/assessing their health - maybe give it a look to see how you'd do:
https://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/gro...s16_159601.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement