U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 05:02 PM

5,534 posts, read 2,895,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
One day I walkout to go pick up, when I got there I realized I was still in pajamas. I was not a teenager even, I was in my 40s.
Today a young guy, probably early 20s, stood on front of me in line, wearing a tie-dyed union suit. Lunch time in a busy restaurant.

And here I am worrying about being seen in one (not tie-dyed, though) just checking plants around my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 05:04 PM

22,130 posts, read 14,542,562 times
I put my rings on the wrong fingers, but Iíve never put inside out shirts on.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:19 PM

665 posts, read 357,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I've done it forever, usually the result of dressing in a hurry in the semi dark of a bedroom.
Same here! Usually I'm also half asleep when I get dressed in the morning, since I have to get up at 5AM for work. Yep, I've gotten to work a few times wearing an inside out sweater, inside out leggings, and one time with 2 different colored shoes (same style - different colors)! THAT was embarrassing.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:58 PM

6,766 posts, read 8,122,624 times
Nothing out of the ordinary other than the occasional leaving the zipper down

Old 07-30-2019, 09:45 PM

257 posts, read 70,190 times
I guess that just wearing hotrod t-shirts is a life simplifier. It's hard to put something on backwards or inside out when there's a great big logo on the back.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:03 AM

644 posts, read 194,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Nothing out of the ordinary other than the occasional leaving the zipper down
I gave a presentation for a group of college interns once, and afterwards my Manager presented me with a certificate he made up that said, "Before you talk it up, zip it up", with a picture of an unzipped zipper. Yep, did the entire thing with my fly completely down. Lovely. Good thing the horse didn't come out of the barn, I would have been on the Bread Line the next day...friggin' comedians at work is what I had to deal with. Sure do miss 'em sometimes.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:11 AM

6,852 posts, read 3,823,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Just wondering what is wrong with me. Every thing I put on is either inside out or on backwards. And it's not in haste either. I try to find the tag, put the garment on, then realize I did it wrong. I have gone to places with my T shirt inside out. Anyone else with this problem?
No. Well, I have accidentally done that a time or two in my lifetime.

It sounds like a thing you do because your mind is on something else, if you do it when you're not in a hurry.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:49 AM

12,881 posts, read 14,172,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Oh. my. gosh.

I read the OP, laughed, then looked down at the t-shirt I am wearing ...

... and it's inside out.

I swear this has NEVER happened before!

You laughed at the OP, and.......instant karma, your shirt turned inside out

Old 07-31-2019, 03:02 AM

234 posts, read 196,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Lands End for some reason started writing what the garment was in the front. I got used to looking for the printed tag and pulling my pants on... then they started printing Sport Knit Pant on the front and I was putting them on backwards.

I e gotten used to it. But still ó really?
I wondered why Lands End started labeling their pants like that...more. Than once I only realized I had them on backwards was when I couldnít use the pockets

Old 07-31-2019, 02:06 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,671,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Just wondering what is wrong with me. Every thing I put on is either inside out or on backwards. And it's not in haste either. I try to find the tag, put the garment on, then realize I did it wrong. I have gone to places with my T shirt inside out. Anyone else with this problem?
I wander around with my pants unzipped, but I've had a license to do that for a number of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or