U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM

29,948 posts, read 34,996,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
seriously?

you go to Costco for free samples?...who does that?...and if you can get 20 servings from a Costco chicken you must be a mouse..
I have seen articles that sample dining is popular with some seniors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

1,636 posts, read 1,329,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Not at all. Are you financially comfortable spending that much? That is the important thing not what others spend. They donít have your taste or interest in food quality or type.

We spend a lot. Donít know how much as we have a savings based budget. Even my wife now prefers prime cut so when we shop for meats that is the target. Thank you Costco!
This is why I didnít answer this OP. We spend a lot, because we buy whatever we prefer, at what ever store we like. We also do go to Costco, and tend to buy their most expensive cuts. We also dine out often. We structured our retirement so that we can afford not to think about budgeting food.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
This is why I didnít answer this OP. We spend a lot, because we buy whatever we prefer, at what ever store we like. We also do go to Costco, and tend to buy their most expensive cuts. We also dine out often. We structured our retirement so that we can afford not to think about budgeting food.
Another Bada Bing for you. To soon to rep again!

Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

2,286 posts, read 787,823 times
Quote:
I'm a senior and most of the samples are fatty or sugar-laden so I don't try them- but my granddaughters LOVE going to Costco! I try to make sure they get a "balanced meal" of samples.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM

13,585 posts, read 6,475,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
I answered because some people like to have an idea. We donít budget either. We buy most expensive cuts too. In fact, we shop at even more expensive place then Costco, where Iím feel like Iím back into Italy or Spain.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

13,585 posts, read 6,475,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I'm a senior and most of the samples are fatty or sugar-laden so I don't try them- but my granddaughters LOVE going to Costco! I try to make sure they get a "balanced meal" of samples.
I don’t always go for the free samplers either. I know one poster posted that she even went to the soup kitchen. Over my dead body. However, she bragged about having high retirement account in the over the 1.7Million thread. I hope she was kidding. That is a line I draw.

Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I answered because some people like to have an idea. We donít budget either. We buy most expensive cuts too. In fact, we shop at even more expensive place then Costco, where Iím feel like Iím back into Italy or Spain.
Ahhhhhh, this current discussion reminds me of the good old days in this forum when it was really aspirational with a goal of a steak on every retirement table. Well at least in some threads

Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

4,291 posts, read 2,636,120 times
Quote:
I stay away from those samples. DW likes them though. I cannot imagine making a meal out of them. For one thing I like a salad which they never have. And they never offer shots of wine or beer to wash it all down with.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

32,001 posts, read 20,179,833 times
Ah, if we go back to prime cuts, I will eat more meat, until then... I mostly take a pass.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ah, if we go back to prime cuts, I will eat more meat, until then... I mostly take a pass.
I can appreciate that as the expression goes "Once you go Prime you never go back"!

However if you look carefully you can sometimes find Choice that is almost as well marbled as a lesser prime.

I am afraid of going Wagyu as we may become addicted and that is expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or