U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 12:40 PM

274 posts, read 46,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As an aside, how much higher your salaries can go when they no longer have to do that.

Letís take some of tat pork we funnel to Boeing for military planes we donít need and get citizens decent health care. Like I said itís priorities.
Still the issue and still wishful thinking that will occur, companies not likely to do that. This will mean also EVERYONE will pay for their own insurance.

Military planes are not pork. I believe the only planes Boeing is building for the military right now are derivatives of civilian aircraft being built to replace planes built in the 60s - planes almost 60 years old. There is the 767 based KC-46 aerial tanker at about $150M a piece, replacements for the KC-135 based on the 707. The 737 based P-8 at about $125M a copy are replacements for the P-3 propeller powered maritime surveillance aircraft.

BTW - Cutting every plane built would not cover the cost of Medicare - medical care for all, not even close and just proves that your points are hopes and not reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 12:49 PM

21,022 posts, read 16,851,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Still the issue and still wishful thinking that will occur, companies not likely to do that. This will mean also EVERYONE will pay for their own insurance.

Military planes are not pork. I believe the only planes Boeing is building for the military right now are derivatives of civilian aircraft being built to replace planes built in the 60s - planes almost 60 years old. There is the 767 based KC-46 aerial tanker at about $150M a piece, replacements for the KC-135 based on the 707. The 737 based P-8 at about $125M a copy are replacements for the P-3 propeller powered maritime surveillance aircraft.

BTW - Cutting every plane built would not cover the cost of Medicare - medical care for all, not even close and just proves that your points are hopes and not reality.
I don't agree employers won't boost salaries if they don't have to offer health insurance. I'm proof of it and so are many workers like me who choose a higher rate of pay in lieu of benefits. Employers already pay more if you don't take benefits. And then all those 50-somes who can't find a job don't have to worry that no one will hire them because they cost more to give insurance to.

Our military budget is far too bloated, it is higher than the next 10 countries combined.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:45 PM

13,773 posts, read 6,534,991 times
Quote:
I don't agree employers won't boost salaries if they don't have to offer health insurance. I'm proof of it and so are many workers like me who choose a higher rate of pay in lieu of benefits. Employers already pay more if you don't take benefits. And then all those 50-somes who can't find a job don't have to worry that no one will hire them because they cost more to give insurance to.

Our military budget is far too bloated, it is higher than the next 10 countries combined.
One data point?

Old 08-10-2019, 03:40 PM

3,078 posts, read 1,068,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Scary.

I hope the solution is found before they reduce any benefits.

Make this part if your dialogue with anyone coming up for election from this day to forever

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/medica...-for-retirees/
Any reduction on Medicare would be horrific for the elderly and should be political suicide for anyone that tried to impose it.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:30 PM

36,038 posts, read 10,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Scary.

I hope the solution is found before they reduce any benefits.

Make this part if your dialogue with anyone coming up for election from this day to forever

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/medica...-for-retirees/

And you chose that thread title instead of what your link says--Medicare For All Is A Dire Threat To Medicare For Retirees--because.....?

Old Today, 01:45 AM

274 posts, read 46,922 times
Quote:

You are way out of touch on how things work. Most employers would not boost salaries to cover health care unless it is a competitive advantage, offering health coverage is a competitive advantage for hiring and retaining people. Until Obama care, providing healthcare was not required and even now not required unless company is larger than 30 I believe.

I would take higher pay over benefits because I had benefits already and didn't use company policy - but that was not offered. Most employees do not pay more if you don't take benefits because of the group policy rules and requirement to provide coverage. Most policies through employers don't charge more based on peoples age - that is one of the benefits of a group policy.

Take your political discussions on military funding to the politics forum. This is about Medicare NOT Military funding - your opinion is irrelevant and off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or