U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

2,992 posts, read 1,624,702 times

Advertisements

I worked for 3-4 days in India & then flew off to northern Thailand, more than 2,000 miles away. That night in the Chiang Mai marketplace I ran into one of the Indian participants I had just worked with a few days ago. We stared at each other in disbelief for a few seconds, what are the odds...

When I was living in Milwaukee I was working at an crowded event & afterwards a guy came up & asked "Are you Hefe?" It turns out he was my next door neighbor in NY & one of my "best friends" back when we were 8-10 years old & then his family moved away to a distant state. How he recognized me more than 20 years later as an adult still floors me.

Last edited by Hefe; Yesterday at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

3,878 posts, read 1,511,905 times
ok.
i see that i will have to "up my game" here.
so, this is my original post: our vet at a fabric/sewing store (we are both male).
i did not mention that both of us are "neutered" you know, vet and all that.

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

542 posts, read 597,000 times
While making a delivery (Iím an over-the-road truck driver), I bumped into the girl I lost my virginity to shopping at a hardware store with her husband, nowhere near where either of us live.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

29,967 posts, read 35,046,973 times
Rest stop on a major interstate. Couple we had not seen for many years.

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

9,113 posts, read 7,868,595 times
I was in London on business, walking thru a Chinese Restaurant and I heard someone say is that "My Name"? She was someone I went to High School with some 20 years earlier in the Boston Area. She still lived there. I had moved on to Chicago. I had a quick drink with her and her hubby, whom I also went to High School with. They were doing the tourist thing. A waiter approached me a few minutes later and said Mr So and SO, your room is ready and your guests are arriving. I admit she stroked my ego when she said well you are quite the International Businessman. I said it might look good, but unless they buy the computer systems my company is selling, I will be on the street.....and walked away.

Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM

23,967 posts, read 17,840,643 times
I bumped into a guy in Maine from my hometown. We recognized each other from patronizing the same sandwich shop. We were both on vacation.

Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

2,397 posts, read 614,905 times
I ran into a former coworker in Kathmandu.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

4,608 posts, read 1,770,202 times
Only happened once. I was living in New Orleans, and a former HS classmate a thousand miles away, stationed there in the army, recognized me in the street.

In Amman, Jordan, a colleague of my wife was the ex-wife of my old college geography instructor.

I can only think of a couple times I met anyone we had a common acquaintance, I once got a call from a telemarketer whose father was once one of my best friends. I always chat with telemarketers and call center workers. My calls are used for training purposes.

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

4,919 posts, read 5,028,782 times
At Heathrow in London. An old workmate from Phoenix.

Weird.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

454 posts, read 286,971 times
The moral is, never feel safe in a strange city or country to do something you wouldn’t want to be caught doing; someone you know will see you!

I’ve enjoyed these stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or