U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM

6,807 posts, read 3,768,879 times

Advertisements

I used to live in a small town of 35k people and ran into people I knew from church or my daughter's school or my work in places all over the country. It almost got to be a "thing" when we traveled and we and joked about it. It was almost always 1000 miles from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

666 posts, read 116,586 times
When I was overseas on holiday I bumped into someone I knew from a Facebook group, I recognised their face straight away from their profile pic. We'd never met in person, they were visiting the same place. So weird.

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

666 posts, read 116,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
While making a delivery (Iím an over-the-road truck driver), I bumped into the girl I lost my virginity to shopping at a hardware store with her husband, nowhere near where either of us live.
Was it awkward? (encountering her again I mean!)

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM

541 posts, read 597,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Was it awkward? (encountering her again I mean!)
Hell yeah, we just stared at each other acknowledgingly and surprised for what seemed like 30 seconds but was probably less than 5. I immediately called my wife, a bit rattled, a bit bemused, because we’re open like that.

Last edited by jcp123; Yesterday at 10:19 PM..

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,343,776 times
I was vacationing at the Club Med in Moorea, Tahiti, and met my best friend from kindergarten. We had not seen each other in 39 years.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

4,608 posts, read 1,770,202 times
My sister and her daughter, who hadn't spoken to each other in several months, ran into each other a thousand miles from home in a hotel lobby in San Antonio.

Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

1,634 posts, read 610,532 times
My husband and one of our kids were hiking up Thumb Butte in Prescott, AZ and met someone he used to work with who was on the way down the hiking trail. I was waiting down below with another child and the guy stopped and spoke to me. I was surprised to see him and I'm sure Hubby was surprised to see him on the trail.

Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM

8,022 posts, read 4,906,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
While making a delivery (Iím an over-the-road truck driver), I bumped into the girl I lost my virginity to shopping at a hardware store with her husband, nowhere near where either of us live.

Wasn't it awkward shopping at a hardware store with her husband while you lost your virginity to her? I'm guessing she didn't want to be held all night afterwards.

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

541 posts, read 597,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Wasn't it awkward shopping at a hardware store with her husband while you lost your virginity to her? I'm guessing she didn't want to be held all night afterwards.
Now THAT would be a story worth telling!

Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

8,022 posts, read 4,906,535 times
At the office, a couple of desks over from mine. Guy from my hometown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or