U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 AM

2,163 posts, read 914,751 times

Advertisements

It's often enough for me. I wasn't complaiining. Being romantic is easy, a hug or a kiss, saying I love you, never going to bed mad. All easy and free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Wow— what do you do to be romantic? People need to be told and shown that they are cared for- no it isn’t a given. Foot rubs, back rubs, other rubs are great! And hotel rooms are fun for a change of scenery. No wonder your wife isn’t often in the mood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM

26,284 posts, read 33,275,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
was that with a partner ??????
LOL! I was wondering the same thing!

Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,336,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
It's often enough for me. I wasn't complaiining. Being romantic is easy, a hug or a kiss, saying I love you, never going to bed mad. All easy and free.
A hug and a kiss - saying “ I love you”, are an everyday “given” for us.

Little surprises, and going the extra mile are romantic for us, and are done by both of us. Sometimes free sometimes not. Putting in no effort as in “easy” seems more like being taken for granted, not really being appreciated. Cost not usually a consideration, and usually minimal (more like thought and time.)

Having fun together, regular dates, and first being kind, were suggested in our premarital counseling by our Episcopal priest. We have kept these up throughout our 47 years together. They have worked so far.

I’m over this convo.

Last edited by funisart; 08-15-2019 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Add

Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 AM

2,163 posts, read 914,751 times
We're married for 46 years. Never went to counseling or thought we needed it. Don't go to church anyway. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. Whatever works for you is good. Whatever doesn't work for you isn't. Doesn't matter what others do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
A hug and a kiss - saying “ I love you”, are an everyday “given” for us.

Little surprises, and going the extra mile are romantic for us, and are done by both of us. Sometimes free sometimes not. Putting in no effort as in “easy” seems more like being taken for granted, not really being appreciated. Cost not usually a consideration, and usually minimal (more like thought and time.)

Having fun together, regular dates, and first being kind, were suggested in our premarital counseling by our Episcopal priest. We have kept these up throughout our 47 years together. They have worked so far.

I’m over this convo.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:51 AM

5,027 posts, read 8,844,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
men at heart are really chickens ...when things are not good at home , men tend to find someone else on the side ... they will still attempt to burn the candles at both ends until they get caught and are forced in to a choice or decision .

women tend to be more direct ... i think most women just go directly to lets divorce , do not pass go , do not pick up a side lover like men tend to .....
Worse than that. I wonder if I can stay faithful if a woman appeared naked in front of me?

Men are impulsive and easily aroused visually. Women are more like a slow-cooker and takes time and constant heat to warm up.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:37 AM

13,821 posts, read 6,578,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Worse than that. I wonder if I can stay faithful if a woman appeared naked in front of me?

Men are impulsive and easily aroused visually. Women are more like a slow-cooker and takes time and constant heat to warm up.
Women in general are much more attractive naked. Men in general is just a joystick.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:54 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,849,457 times
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/w...ly-your-heart/

Twice a week is what the Doctor ordered for a healthy heart.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:56 PM

72,737 posts, read 72,586,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post

I’m a goner

Old 08-15-2019, 03:57 PM

30,839 posts, read 49,724,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post

That would be sweet

Old 08-15-2019, 04:47 PM

38,778 posts, read 15,195,071 times
So before this discussion disappears down in the pile, to sum up:

Sex is still important to retirees. Twice a week is considered maintenance. Men tend to be interested in sex more often than women.

The "get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in bed" approach to seduction is favored by those who report having to pester their wives for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or