U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

5,465 posts, read 1,363,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Sex is still enjoyable and desirable for many seniors. Unfortunately, illness, medications and prostrate cancer treatments have ended it for some men.
And for women too. Chemo put me into chemopause but we still have sex. I am not ready to give up. It's not the same as it was but husband still gets the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

72,613 posts, read 72,480,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
And for women too. Chemo put me into chemopause but we still have sex. I am not ready to give up. It's not the same as it was but husband still gets the job done.
maybe you need a butler too ha ha ha

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

30,804 posts, read 49,685,833 times
I am 60 and I am still very much interested in sex.

My Dw lost all interest at 25, and she became celibate at that age.

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM

582 posts, read 277,164 times
My husband had prostrate cancer and that ended sex for us. Do I care? Nope, there is more to marriage than sex. I love him and nothing will ever change that, I feel blessed he survived it.

Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
My husband had prostrate cancer and that ended sex for us. Do I care? Nope, there is more to marriage than sex. I love him and nothing will ever change that, I feel blessed he survived it.
I too have prostate cancer. My prostate was removed in 2014 along with the nerve bundle. Have you looked at the prosthetics that can be installed?

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM

2,326 posts, read 814,325 times
66-year old female. Important? Not as important as it was, but definitely enjoyable! I had a long dry spell the last 3 years of my husband's life- his chronic health issues sapped his stamina and he just wasn't interested. He died in late 2016 and late last year I started dating a guy I met on Match.com and delicately broached the question on our third date. He was most definitely interested! We had to wait till he recovered from two scheduled surgeries right after that (aneurysm repair and a second knee replacement) but it's good to be back "at it" again. I enjoy his company and probably would have continued dating if for some reason sex was no longer a part of his life, but I'm glad it still is.

Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM

557 posts, read 157,314 times
Sub, yes but insurance doesn’t cover it. It’s expensive.

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

1,175 posts, read 273,085 times
My wife is a psychologist. She has men in their 70s and 80s coming in and complaining about not having sex - like in 10 YEARS.

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

13,780 posts, read 6,554,801 times
You see a psychologist for that, I thought you have to see a sexologist.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Sub, yes but insurance doesnít cover it. Itís expensive.
Drat.

I am on a prostate cancer forum. I have seen threads where the wives have stated how much they love those prosthetics. My urologist's office has brochures about them. So I am tempted. My Dw is against the idea. She hopes that I would just quit. I have no idea how much they cost. I think it would be worth at least say half my house's value in a mortgage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or