U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 07:30 PM

22,182 posts, read 16,867,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I love my TruMoo After my knee replacement last winter it was recommended that I drink Boost, Ensure or even chocolate milk for the protein. I went for the chocolate milk and got hooked. I hadn't bought it 50 years. There's always a half gallon in the fridge now.

I haven't given up very much at all. I never ate shell fish, and never was much of a red meat eater. I drink five or six beers a week, and everything else I eat in moderation. I like chips with sandwiches and I still eat sweets from time to time. My weight is ok, and the blood work still looks good. I'll make the changes as they become necessary.
TruMoo is pretty good, and I drank it for a while but switched to Sarah Farms which is also delicious but also less expensive which is a consideration for me. And I too am hooked. It sounds like you're doing pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 08:16 PM

7,403 posts, read 4,269,930 times
I've actually lost weight since I retired, without giving up anything. I don't see myself giving up anything as I grow older.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:30 PM

24,407 posts, read 8,536,650 times
Stopped bringing all breads into my house over 10 yrs ago. Haven't had a pasta dish in at least that long...and other heavy duty carbs...and not due to retiring. Just didn't want those carbs.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:50 PM

6,818 posts, read 3,775,202 times
I haven't given anything up but eat less of everything. I don't do binge eating anymore...hardly.

Old Yesterday, 04:11 AM

582 posts, read 277,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Stopped bringing all breads into my house over 10 yrs ago. Haven't had a pasta dish in at least that long...and other heavy duty carbs...and not due to retiring. Just didn't want those carbs.

We don't eat pasta very often but we have changed to 'Jovial Organic Brown Rice Pasta' when we do eat it. We agree it taste the same as regular pasta and is a healthier version. We also switched to Ezekiel Bread.

Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM

4,923 posts, read 5,033,945 times
No Tequila.

I call it ta kill ya

A man's got to know his limitations..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Old Yesterday, 05:11 AM

8,040 posts, read 4,914,790 times
I haven't had to give up anything, but I used to have burgers a couple times a week. No more.

There's a place here called Cold Beers and Cheeseburgers -- genius name, tells you everything -- and their burgers are incredible but I can only eat half of one before I feel the gut-bomb effect. DH eats the other half along with wolfing down his own meal. But I want to make this a seldom thing to avoid damaging his health.

I proposed a new restaurant called Cold Beer, Hot Women and Bad Food, but DH said it was already taken. "They call it Hooters."

Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM

2,326 posts, read 814,325 times
In an effort to keep my a1c and bad cholesterol down, I've cut out nearly all animal fat, white bread rice, pasta, baked goods, etc. I eat a lot of vegetables and have fish maybe once a week, and make a lot of beans, bulghur, couscous, etc. Fortunately coffee and hot sauces are still OK or life would not be worth living!

I've had to cut back on alcohol- never overdid it but I don't want to get to that point. Now I have one drink of scotch every night and I measure it. If I overdo it I get bizarre dreams anyway.

Bonus: I weigh less than I did when I got out of HS. My BMI is around 19.

I'm on my way home from a week with family where I broke most of those rules. I may not look at the scale for a few days. It was all delicious.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM

2,777 posts, read 4,379,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
No Tequila.

I call it ta kill ya

A man's got to know his limitations..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0
... and some of have none. Limitations ... they're for civilians.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM

16,458 posts, read 10,439,466 times
cucumbers
pepperoni

skim/low fat milk. Can't handle the Vitamin A palmatate.

and yogurt-ditto the Vitamin A acetate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or