U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:17 AM

16,491 posts, read 5,405,329 times

Advertisements

I'm 70. My digestion is becoming more sensitive, and I have had to make some dietary changes. I can't eat large portions, and too much fat gives me heartburn. I've become sensitive to salt and don't enjoy high-sodium foods. Many restaurant dishes taste too salty to me. The portions are huge, too, so I usually eat only half my meal. Then I box up the rest and take it home. Also, I can't seem to digest raw food, especially fruits and vegetables. More than a modest portion will cause intestinal distress. I drink kefir every day, and that seems to keep my insides happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:13 AM

1,467 posts, read 700,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I always hung out with the older crowd when i was in school.

Even now i still do. Everyone i hang out with is at least 70!

People my age - late 50s - still want to act like they are in high school.

So let him stay!
I think this poster is only in his twenty`s, or thirty`s. All I am saying to him is, there is plenty of time, to be old. Just seems like he is missing out...

Old Today, 06:58 AM

19,973 posts, read 20,075,563 times
I've cut down some on gluten just because of bloat but have given up nothing.

Old Today, 05:52 PM

58 posts, read 12,987 times
I do better, especially at night, if I eat low carb and absolutely no sugar.

Some people are mentioning alcohol. When I was younger, I was at the Dr. getting a physical and he asked me about my alcohol consumption. I said that I was a social drinker. He raised his eyebrow and asked how many drinks a night? I said you know, a six pack of beer in the fridge will last me a month or two. He laughed and said Boy, that's not social drinking. He told me he had patients that said they were social drinkers and drank a six pack or two a night.

Old Today, 08:17 PM

381 posts, read 231,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I got a stent 2 years ago and I'm in a big senors group at church and a lot of us older people have stents or more serious heart trouble. So we try to eat heart healthy, no steaks, hamburgers, french fries, in general no greasy stuff. Or animal fat stuff, cheese.
Vega's comment is so accurate. Too bad people wait until they are sick before they try to eat healthy. Drinking alcohol and sugar drinks, eating animals, eating or drinking the fat from dairy, all sugar and salty foods along with fried foods; ingesting these foods will lead to poor health. Americans are sicker than ever and taking pills because of their poor choices. Pills do not solve the problem; they mask the pain and actually cause more health problems. Medical doctors get no training in nutrition, they are not part of any solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or