U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:14 AM

7,050 posts, read 1,499,959 times

Advertisements

I often hear of people who said that they will, or might, do that, but I am just curious how many of you actually did.

It could be a customer, boss, or co-worker (or more than one), but I would like to hear your stories.

Last edited by katharsis; Today at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:29 AM

2,788 posts, read 1,593,239 times
I took a different approach. I put in my retirement papers for the minimum time allowed, and said nothing to my boss, leadership or anyone else until two days before I left. Much better, I think, to leave an unpleasant boss in the lurch, don't you think? And I retired on a Dec 31, so my last two weeks were over the holidays! Exit worked very well, and quite pleasant.

I know if I had told someone off, I would have felt bad afterward.

Old Today, 11:32 AM

2,337 posts, read 1,168,321 times
Not me.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

16,471 posts, read 10,442,691 times
not me either. It wasn't the place per se I was fed up with; it was the job.

Old Today, 11:41 AM

5,020 posts, read 8,837,991 times
Action speaks louder than words

Old Today, 11:56 AM

541 posts, read 321,023 times
I was going to shout it out with Mr Scum Bag but decided to finish out the shift. It was the 2:30-10:30 shift. Next morning at 0800 I went to HR and quit. We were already super short handed. I don't know what they did or how they handled it. But he wasn't worth talking to.

Old Today, 12:01 PM

770 posts, read 379,822 times
When you have a choice between being right or being kind, itís better to be kind. A side benefit ó it confuses the hell out of most people.

Old Today, 12:09 PM

96 posts, read 25,652 times
I have a relative who was fired from her last job before retiring. She had a wonderful manager for several years and then a new manager came along who was an abusive micromanager. The new manager fired her a few months after taking over.

I asked her if she told off her manager, and she said that she didn't. If it were me, I'd let the manager know EXACTLY what I thought of her. There would most likely be plenty of yelling and cursing involved. If it's your last job, so what? It's not like you'll need them for a reference. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
When you have a choice between being right or being kind, it’s better to be kind. A side benefit — it confuses the hell out of most people.
I disagree. People put up with waayyyyy too much poor treatment from employers because they believe in "turning the other cheek" or "not burning bridges." Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and not being weak?

Old Today, 12:25 PM

957 posts, read 506,573 times
Reminds me of Ralph Kramden!

https://youtu.be/O_wXecG6ll4

Old Today, 12:27 PM

3,005 posts, read 1,628,871 times
Wow... talk about bad karma. Unless one was in an extremely abusive situation for a very long time I think it would be a big mistake not to just say "Goodbye". I think it's something negative that you would carry around for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or