U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:31 AM

4,386 posts, read 6,145,999 times

Advertisements

I've been using the same product, Katsnaturals.com, for going on 2 years and won't go without it. Look for a company that does 3rd party lab testing. It's great for anxiety and sleep. It's not a sleep aid but it helps quiet the chatter in your head and relax tense muscles, thus you'll sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 08:33 AM

4,848 posts, read 3,827,073 times
CBD oil magnifies the effect of beta blockers and coumadin, so if you're on either or both you need to discuss with your doctor before using it.

https://sourcefed.com/should-you-be-...-with-cbd-oil/

Old 08-18-2019, 09:46 AM

715 posts, read 216,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
The only way to really know whether CBD oil has any true physiological effect would be to not know whether you were using it that night or for a couple of weeks----where you would be using it blindly, rubbing it into your skin or swallowing drops or gummies and then later evaluating whether it made you feel better. You'd need to have someone give you gummies, drops, or cream with CBD oil and then without it.

You can't discount the placebo effect. Amazon actually sells placebos. Usually a placebo works because the person doesn't know it's a placebo, but these are labelled and sold as placebos. 50% of the buyers gave it 5 stars!
good idea! and good to know Amazon is the place to get placebos. do they sell law degrees yet?

Old 08-18-2019, 10:11 AM

720 posts, read 615,113 times
I have a friend who started a company and is selling their own brand of CBD oil (with 3rd party testing) that they've added saffron to (don't know why).

It's 1000mg and she sent me a pretty good sized sample...

Didn't/don't notice a thing...

Old 08-18-2019, 11:16 AM

936 posts, read 443,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
I have a friend who started a company and is selling their own brand of CBD oil (with 3rd party testing) that they've added saffron to (don't know why).

It's 1000mg and she sent me a pretty good sized sample...

Didn't/don't notice a thing...
My wife suffers insomnia and tried taking pure CBD extract (dissolved in coconut oil) at increasing doses. Her conclusion is that CBD is slightly calming, but nowhere near the hyped ďmiracleĒ that some claim it is.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:20 AM

5,380 posts, read 2,081,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I live in a state where itís legal & bought it in another state where itís legal and of good quality. I bought a bottle of CBD oil for insomnia. I donít remember the strength, it was maximum available, a recommended brand from a recommended store. It didnít help at all, & it wasnít cheap. No THC in it. Iím not spending any more $$$ on it.

OTH, someone I know has a topical CBD stick that they use for osteoarthritis & they swear by it. I had a flareup from an old injury & borrowed it & it did seem to work to bring down the inflammation & pain...not a placebo effect, IMO.

For anyone who tries edible for insomnia, be careful. They sneak up on you, and the THC can make you paranoid, which certainly doesnít help you sleep...way different experience than burning a doobie back in the day.
Not with indica strains and/or micro-dose mints.

It's very subtle and pleasant.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:45 AM

720 posts, read 615,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
My wife suffers insomnia and tried taking pure CBD extract (dissolved in coconut oil) at increasing doses. Her conclusion is that CBD is slightly calming, but nowhere near the hyped ďmiracleĒ that some claim it is.
I agree with your wife. I'm happy my friend sent me a good size sample to try because that stuff is pricey!

Old 08-18-2019, 02:55 PM

715 posts, read 216,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
CBD oil magnifies the effect of beta blockers and coumadin, so if you're on either or both you need to discuss with your doctor before using it.

https://sourcefed.com/should-you-be-...-with-cbd-oil/
any idea why it slows down my heart rate? I now wonder if I had anxiety and the CBD calmed that down and as a result, my resting heart rate went down. I monitored my sleep for several months. Before I started taking this, my resting rate was racing, 85 - 100. Now it's 60-70 most of the time. It may also be the reason I don't feel exhausted anymore. I'm pretty physically fit, but had a racing heart rate that seemed to be wearing me out.

So it's worth looking in to. I'm checking also to see if it will lower my cholesterol. Too early to tell yet.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:32 PM

825 posts, read 205,020 times
OK, I saved the bottle from the CBD oil purchased in Colorado. It was 1000 MG pharmaceutical grade CBD oil, 1 oz. bottle, taken by the dropperful under the tongue. Like someone else said, it relaxed me a bit, but no more than a glass of wine or a beer, certainly did not help me sleep and a lot more expensive, $100 plus whatever tax Colorado charges. It was an expensive experiment (it was gifted to me) & I wonít repeat it.

The only edibles Iím familiar with are lollipops & candy lozenges, & I didnít like not knowing how much to ingest or the creepy paranoia afterward, so Iím done. YMMV.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:41 PM

7,249 posts, read 3,996,262 times
I wish pot would just be legalized, once and for all. That would put me to sleep, for sure...with a smile on my face. I don't see why we can't have a little pot at our age, in the privacy of our homes, to aid with insomnia or painful joints. Or just relaxation.

I don't like taking medications, so I tend to drink warm milk with sweetener & vanilla extract to help me sleep. (Melatonin, & the extract has a smidgeon of alcohol). Works pretty well, but it's too hot to do it in summer.

The Vicks product Zzzzzzz works pretty well, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or