U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:50 PM

720 posts, read 219,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I wish pot would just be legalized, once and for all. That would put me to sleep, for sure...with a smile on my face. I don't see why we can't have a little pot at our age, in the privacy of our homes, to aid with insomnia or painful joints. Or just relaxation.

I don't like taking medications, so I tend to drink warm milk with sweetener & vanilla extract to help me sleep. (Melatonin, & the extract has a smidgeon of alcohol). Works pretty well, but it's too hot to do it in summer.

The Vicks product Zzzzzzz works pretty well, too.
when it does become legal in your state as it is in mine, I'd highly recommend taking the cannabis in vape form. It's mild and does not smell, so your neighbors will never know. I really enjoy it in moderation, but that's for entirely different reasons than the Cannabidiol. I'm only just experimenting with the CBD Oil, and another thing that became apparent about the third consecutive day, my focus and memory has been noticeably sharpened. It's been only a few days, so probably too early to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 175 times
Default CBD helps many problems

With everything on the net, it's quite hard to find good answers. From what I've heard CBD helps with many issues such as Arthritis, MS, Chronic Pain, sleep deprivation and many more issues. I read this on an article from Mellow: [url]https://www.mellow.store/blog/cbd-effects/cbd-oil-pain[/url].

Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 AM

289 posts, read 104,154 times
Default So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I wish pot would just be legalized, once and for all. That would put me to sleep, for sure...with a smile on my face. I don't see why we can't have a little pot at our age, in the privacy of our homes, to aid with insomnia or painful joints. Or just relaxation.

I don't like taking medications, so I tend to drink warm milk with sweetener & vanilla extract to help me sleep. (Melatonin, & the extract has a smidgeon of alcohol). Works pretty well, but it's too hot to do it in summer.

The Vicks product Zzzzzzz works pretty well, too.

I am looking forward to trying an edible for sleep. Less than 4 months to legalization in Illinois. I don't sleep well, and I have painful joints as well. I remember the pain numbing effects of smoking back in the 70's. I am glad our new governor has made the healing herb available in 2020.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 AM

24,550 posts, read 18,276,350 times
I used a full spectrum hemp oil taken orally.

To me, it's much better for sleep than something like melatonin. I don't get the groggy feeling. Otherwise, I don't get much off of it.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:06 AM

5,032 posts, read 2,831,409 times
I tried oil for arthritis in my hands and it had no discernible effect on me. I get the impression that marijuana products are over-hyped by those who like smoking pot and want to think it is beneficial in ways other than getting high.

I think marijuana products can really use some rigorous studies. It is kind of telling that you have to come to an Internet forum to find out if it works or not.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:22 AM

508 posts, read 1,000,521 times
John,

I think it can be beneficial if the dose is right, the product is as stated, and of course if your particular chemistry is a good match. I make my own CBD oil, and find it an OK mood stabilizer, helps maintain sleep (vivid weird dreams however), and some analgesic effects. Below is a post I made in another thread, I hope you may find helpful:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/55989840-post61.html

I will say I find THC/THC-CBD combo much better for sleep, and analgesic effect... No need to get clapped for the benefits to show, once you know how your body takes to it. As for waking side effects for just CBD, dry-mouth is about it for me. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:41 AM

3,934 posts, read 1,714,362 times
Edibles give me great, uninterrupted sleep (if I have to get up for the bathroom, I drop right off again).

No success with smoking or topicals. Nor with pain relief, except I just didn't care, after edibles.

In CA, I got the wonderful little chocolate bars and a piece the size of a dime would do it.

Down here, a local guy makes oil so I experimented with chocolate chip cookies. 1/2 cup of oil for a recipe.

Really nice buzz that relaxed us and great sleep. But, sigh, I never got giddy and giggly like DH does!

I'd like to grow it, but the whole thing is a gray area here.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:51 PM

4,363 posts, read 1,754,358 times
updating my previous post equating CBD with snake oil...quotes from National Geographic:

1.Long synonymous with swindling, snake oil actually refers to a traditional Chinese ointment derived from the fat of the Erabu sea snake. Historians believe that such ointments were introduced to the U.S. during the 1800s by Chinese immigrants building railroads, who used them to treat aching joints and muscles. The substance acquired its shady reputation when American hucksters began selling mineral oil as Chinese snake oil.....But here’s the rub: Studies have shown that fat in the Erabu sea snake, an ingredient in some traditional Chinese remedies, contains higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids than salmon. Omega-3s are known to reduce inflammation and harmful cholesterol, improve cognition, and help alleviate depression.
2. “Rarely do you find anyone who looks at it objectively,” says medical historian Paul Unschuld. A leading authority on the history of Chinese medicine—....“People generally see only what they want to see,” he says, “and fail to fully examine its merits and its faults.”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...dern-medicine/

Old 09-19-2019, 08:22 AM

24,550 posts, read 18,276,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I tried oil for arthritis in my hands and it had no discernible effect on me. I get the impression that marijuana products are over-hyped by those who like smoking pot and want to think it is beneficial in ways other than getting high.

I think marijuana products can really use some rigorous studies. It is kind of telling that you have to come to an Internet forum to find out if it works or not.
The problem with it is that true research is difficult due to the prohibition on a lot of these products.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:33 AM

12,672 posts, read 12,829,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
As I am old, I want the opinion of other old people here.

What are peoples experience with CBD? How using?

Thanks
It's the cover article in the September AARP bulletin. They put a lot of research into it, and actually looked at what evidence exists.

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-su...marijuana.html

You really should join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or