U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 10:20 AM

4,386 posts, read 6,147,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
As I am old, I want the opinion of other old people here.

What are peoples experience with CBD? How using?

Thanks
It eases depression and anxiety. I definitely know if I forgot to take it.

CBD is popping up everywhere. I wouldn't just walk in somewhere and let them sell it to me. It's been two years for me, buying from the same trusted source, Katsnaturals.com, which (very important) is 3rd party tested. I swear by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 10:00 PM

24,512 posts, read 18,267,023 times
IMO, stick with local and organic (or as close as possible) suppliers, and don't vape.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:11 AM

28,446 posts, read 40,360,616 times
Buyer beware.

Re Niva CBD (itsnatural). I'm a skeptic. And this poster had made 4 posts. 3 of them seem to be advertisement for this product. In the one above they mention not using products without
THC. The product they are mentioning does not have THC in it. Seems a bit odd does it not??

https://www.highya.com/niva-cbd-reviews

They (and I) are cautious because this product is made from hemp seeds and has a cost for a product that is available from other sources for much less.

Quote:
Lewis also points out that hemp oil and CBD oil (or full spectrum hemp extract) are very different.
“Hemp oil, made from hemp seeds, has some nutritional value,” he says, “but all the therapeutic benefits come from cannabinoids, which aren’t in seeds.”

With this in mind, we reached out to an N3 Oceanic representative and learned that Niva contains in-house hemp oil derived from seeds—not full spectrum extract.
Quote:
The problem, however, is that according to Lewis, hemp seeds don’t contain cannabidiol. As such, dietary supplements derived from seeds—Niva CBD included—likely won’t contain high enough concentrations to deliver some of its clinically proven benefits.

But, even if Niva contains the 25 mg of CBD per dose advertised on its website, the formula features the exact same levels found in dozens of competing third-party supplements, but at prices that are 70% higher in some instances. It also doesn’t currently come with online customer feedback, so you’ll make a mostly uninformed purchase regarding what others are experiencing.

Together, we think third-party CBD supplements derived from the cannabis plant—not its seeds—will likely deliver better value than Niva CBD, and also potentially represent less risk to your money.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:58 AM

503 posts, read 999,671 times
I'll mention again, how about making your own CBD oil for those concerned about purity/authenticity, or just to save a TON of $$$. It's so easy to do, and you know (as best you can) that everything in your product is what you want it to be... All full spectrum (organic if wanted) hemp, all organic coconut oil made to suit.

Shown below is a back-lit sample from my latest batch of CBD oil (very dark in natural light), made with the hemp strain AC/DC (not certified organic). It's all flower/trim with certified lab results, NO seeds or any other BS filler. Nice calming effects, and without doubt I find all CBD products I have made to help with mental focus, and reduction of 'brain fog'.

Color/smell variation like any other natural product is normal, as the type/amount of terpines will vary, as will the method/length of time to decarboxylate the hemp, or the blend used of hemp not decarbed to increase CBD-A content.

Again, I have no vested interest in recommending this hemp supplier, and do so because the prices are fair, the product very good, with great customer service... But they sell-out quickly of some items... They also run/you can find great coupon codes for the company too. Good luck.

https://tweedlefarms.com/collections/all-products
Attached Thumbnails
CBD (Cannabidiol)-20190922_112135-2.jpg  

Old 09-22-2019, 10:51 AM

902 posts, read 1,262,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
I'll mention again, how about making your own CBD oil for those concerned about purity/authenticity, or just to save a TON of $$$. It's so easy to do...
Thanks for the info, and the link. Could you also provide a link on how to actually make the CBD from the hemp? I'd be interested in the process that YOU use, since you seem to have had success with it.

Last edited by chud; 09-22-2019 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Added text for clarity.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 AM

17,724 posts, read 21,609,898 times
There's no universal reaction to any drug, it all varies with the person. Because it works for you, it may not work for others.

I saw my Dr. for my annual Physical and he said that the effect of CBD lessens if you take it continually, and he recommended only using it now and then, if I should buy it. I prefer to avoid anything that is a stop-gap measure. My Thera-cane does more for me than any medication, I've had one of those for 35 years now.

I do have some emergency meds just in case I have a very painful day, like some Gabadin & Tramadol and I haven't used either for over a month.

No one is stating how much it costs, but if it's pricey, I'll run from the store!

Old 09-22-2019, 02:20 PM

28,446 posts, read 40,360,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Thanks for the info, and the link. Could you also provide a link on how to actually make the CBD from the hemp? I'd be interested in the process that YOU use, since you seem to have had success with it.
https://tweedlefarms.com/blogs/news/...cbd-extraction

Old 09-22-2019, 02:54 PM

3,808 posts, read 2,911,818 times
If Iím going to be using maryjane, then I want it to be real maryjane not the equivalent of stems and seeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or