U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 08:55 PM

12,551 posts, read 12,731,411 times

Advertisements

And a safety message for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrpFEVmC8Yg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 09:52 PM

1,330 posts, read 970,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Do whatever you want to. The smell of pot alone is enough to make me want to puke.

Same for me.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:07 PM

4,534 posts, read 2,707,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
If you'd told me in 1970 that gay marriage would be legal nationwide before marijuana, I'd have called you crazy, but here we are. I blame Nixon and the Reagans for playing political points games with people's lives.

I've known plenty of people who've imbibed regularly for decades and managed to go to work everyday, pay their bills, raise their children, and otherwise be productive members of society.
Gay marriage by itself is harmless to others.

But just like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke IS harmful to those around the smoker of mj.

Also gay people, by virtue of being gay, aren't 'stoned' by being gay, and can safely drive.
Stoned drivers on mj are a danger to those on the road and on the sidelines. ( stoned gay people included who are stoned!)
Colorado found they had a bigger problem with stoned drivers than they thought they would.

Gay marriage by itself doesn't increase your health care insurance rates. Covering mj problems DOES, just like covering tobacco costs do.

Gay marriage by itself doesn't cause lung or other cancer. Smoking anything does...
( of course when used for cancer patients they dont care if it causes cancer, they've already got it)

Gay marriage by itself only costs the price of a marriage license and the minister to perform the ceremony.
Mj uses costs LOTS of money to keep using it.

Gay marriage by itself doesn't get passed around at parties. MJ does.

So why shouldn't gay marriage be paseed before marijuana laws???

Old 08-27-2019, 11:42 PM

2,739 posts, read 1,021,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Those were great Larry, thanks.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:44 PM

16,572 posts, read 5,440,913 times
No one should drive high. I can't speak for anyone else, but after using cannabis I am acutely aware of being high. The last thing in the world I want to do is get behind the wheel.

Since legalization in California, the state is reporting an increase in the number of drivers under the influence who are arrested for DUI. The problem with this is that while there are tests that can detect THC in the blood, there is currently no way of determining when the driver used it. You could have not smoked for a few weeks, be absolutely stone cold sober and still test positive. So it's hard to know whether the impairment is from alcohol, weed, opioids or something else.

This limited ability to test for THC might be skewing the statistics, making it look like there are more stoned drivers on the road than there really are. They are working on new tests that will be more accurate, which I think is a good thing.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:47 AM

159 posts, read 59,947 times
Detection systems are being developed as we toke (well, as you do )

https://www.businessinsider.com/houn...s-study-2019-8

Old 08-28-2019, 07:52 AM

7,129 posts, read 2,580,745 times
I've smoked pot maybe 5 or 6 times in my life. My husband tokes on a semi-regular basis. I'm all for legalization for a variety of reasons. Mainly because the criminalization of it causes more problems for society than it helps. But I'm pretty much for decriminalization of all 'illicit' drugs. Not just pot.

The first time I ever smoked it, I was 18, and I felt very paranoid and guilty. Not because the pot made me feel that way, but because...it was illegal, and I could get in trouble, and I would've rather died than have my parents find out. That paranoia and fear just wasn't worth the thrill as far as I was concerned.

As I got older, I've smoked it a few more times, but I'm very picky about when and where. I'm often offered, but I mostly decline.

All that said, I enjoy the high. It's very pleasant to me. It makes me happy, and I laugh a lot. Everything is funny. And if I smoke toward the end of the night, I sleep like a tiny baby, and there's no hangover or residual feeling yuck afterwards, like with alcohol (possibly.) Regarding the munchies...for ME, it's not that I'm so ravenous, it's that the food tastes better and different, like maybe the texture feels different, or a particular flavor is more intense. Eating takes on a different experience. Like...butter tastes AMAZING to me, when I've gotten high.

I was just talking to a guy a couple of weeks ago who said he didn't like getting high smoking pot. He said it made him zombie-like, and spaced out. He didn't like how it made him feel. BUT he enjoys edibles. I've never had an edible.

I live in Missouri. I figure when and if Missouri ever goes recreational, maybe I'll imbibe a little more often.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM

2,739 posts, read 1,021,326 times
I don't know what will become of this, but it looks very hopeful for mj being made legal on the federal level, and would leave it up to the states. This is a long, but important new article.

What Is the MORE Act, and How Could It Change Marijuana Policy Forever?

https://blog.norml.org/2019/08/19/wh...olicy-forever/

------------------------------------------

Old 08-28-2019, 04:36 PM

16,572 posts, read 5,440,913 times
I hope the MORE Act passes. Removing cannabis from the list of Schedule I drugs does not make cannabis legal nationwide, as the article points out, but would allow each state to set its own policies. I think this is a very sensible approach.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:54 PM

3,052 posts, read 1,654,970 times
Enjoying cannabis, whether smoked or edibles or? is about as exciting & dangerous as drinking a half liter or more of wine.

Just take the same precautions & use common sense. It's not as potent as good whiskey & you won't summon up Satan... you will probably just look at the stars in the nighttime sky or watch HSN & find it funnier that any sitcom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement