Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 03:51 PM

4,242 posts, read 942,595 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of fond memories from my college days that involved smoking weed with good friends.

Mostly thinking we were hilarious geniuses

Occasionally I wonder what it would be like again.

Who knows? I'm retiring in a month - maybe I'll have a little celebration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 05:25 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,614,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No question, there are so many positives to using marijuana, especially the "smokeless" variety, which literally has no negatives attached, versus using alcohol, which literally, has no positives attached. I never thought in my lifetime that I could walk into a dispensary and purchase legal weed over the counter, but 5 years ago, that all changed. And now I won't have to drive very far to realize this firsthand.
There are positives and negatives to everything. I do not believe in either Potopia or Alcohell. I have known people who screwed up their lives on both. Moderation is the key. The only drug I use every day is caffeine, and even there I drink dark roast Arabica, which only has moderate amounts of stimulant. I have bottles of whiskey that are 20 years old. If I pay $150 for a bottle of whisky, I'm not going to chug it. Even the mid-shelf stuff I drink is $45/bottle.

I haven't smoked any pot in two weeks, because I have been busy and on the road. I don't care for edibles because they are too time consuming, and bootleg vape cartridges have been causing lung damage.

I stopped into a head shop a couple weeks ago, and the owner showed me how to smoke shatter. It's a kind of manual vape. You heat a glass "nail" red hot, let it cool a bit, and use it to evaporate the shatter in a special pipe. You don't actually burn the material. I haven't tried it yet, but at least I understand the theory.

If you decide to try your hand at growing your own, cultivate the friendship of a professional grower. They only grow from seed when trying to develop a new strain. The standard strains for sale in the pot shops are cloned, grown from cuttings. A rooted set will cost up to $50, but you know what you are getting because you can try a little of last year's crop.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:43 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,884,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
There are positives and negatives to everything. I do not believe in either Potopia or Alcohell. I have known people who screwed up their lives on both. Moderation is the key. The only drug I use every day is caffeine, and even there I drink dark roast Arabica, which only has moderate amounts of stimulant. I have bottles of whiskey that are 20 years old. If I pay $150 for a bottle of whisky, I'm not going to chug it. Even the mid-shelf stuff I drink is $45/bottle.

I haven't smoked any pot in two weeks, because I have been busy and on the road. I don't care for edibles because they are too time consuming, and bootleg vape cartridges have been causing lung damage.

I stopped into a head shop a couple weeks ago, and the owner showed me how to smoke shatter. It's a kind of manual vape. You heat a glass "nail" red hot, let it cool a bit, and use it to evaporate the shatter in a special pipe. You don't actually burn the material. I haven't tried it yet, but at least I understand the theory.

If you decide to try your hand at growing your own, cultivate the friendship of a professional grower. They only grow from seed when trying to develop a new strain. The standard strains for sale in the pot shops are cloned, grown from cuttings. A rooted set will cost up to $50, but you know what you are getting because you can try a little of last year's crop.
How can edibles be time consuming? I would think edibles would the fastest way.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 PM

515 posts, read 358,085 times
I think a pipe is just fine. Fill up the bowl and a few tokes. That's good enough for me.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:06 PM

4,166 posts, read 2,543,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
How can edibles be time consuming? I would think edibles would the fastest way.
Edibles take forever to take effect, f o r e v e r. Smoking a hit takes effect in 5 min, or less.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:12 PM

4,166 posts, read 2,543,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
I have a lot of fond memories from my college days that involved smoking weed with good friends.

Mostly thinking we were hilarious geniuses

Occasionally I wonder what it would be like again.

Who knows? I'm retiring in a month - maybe I'll have a little celebration
Congratulations almost! I'll celebrate with you in spirit from way over here.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:10 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,873,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post

Do you remember seeing the ads for a grow light set up for growing tomatoes? Or roses? Back in the 80s they were a big deal and my ex got one...to grow pot. lol It was a big plastic container with grow lights in it and could have made one a lot cheaper. Thing is, it worked! Sure made that closet smell potent!

I just had a thought...I have 'confessed' to more stuff here than ever before online. And I've been in a lot of forums in the past 20 years! lol

Old 09-03-2019, 12:14 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,873,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
I think a pipe is just fine. Fill up the bowl and a few tokes. That's good enough for me.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:02 AM

34,914 posts, read 31,045,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Edibles take forever to take effect, f o r e v e r. Smoking a hit takes effect in 5 min, or less.
A lot of people don't like the act of smoking anything. I would prefer not to smoke.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:08 AM

63 posts, read 29,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
ummmmm ok, it sounds a little confusing but I get it, you like to vape the THC. hehehehehehehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehaired View Post
As a imbiber for 54yrs, it is better than alcohol which I do not consume. With vaping cartridges there is no ignition involved. Hybrid strains are better than Sativa or Indica strains alone.

How much you ingest influences your experience. Guided my grandkids in proper usage to avoid overdoses. Medical and recreational have only THC to separate the benefits from recreation, however recreation has the same benefits as medicinal.
Better now? Honestly if no one understands what was intended....that’s on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement