U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 10:30 AM

2,749 posts, read 1,026,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
A lot of people don't like the act of smoking anything. I would prefer not to smoke.
Yes, I understand, but I answered the question the poster asked which was "How can edibles be time consuming? I would think edibles would the fastest way". Just understand that you won't feel anything for a comparatively long time, and to follow directions on the package so you don't overdose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 10:39 AM

7,088 posts, read 3,928,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaminade View Post
Pics of a nobody and of Obama smoking (doesn't say what he's smoking, but you posted it to imply it's pot). But in contrast to:

Bush Jr. who was an alcoholic and who used cocaine?

Trump, who doesn't drink, but is a mean, petty, vengeful white supremacist who is angry at the world, despite him growing up a privileged little kid whose father gave him a successful business (despite the boy not being bright)?

Maybe Bush and Trump should have smoked a bit of weed, to chill out and not feel the need to persecute people or do cocaine or become an alcoholic.

Anyone who was young in the 60s and 70s and didn't really live in that era....there's something wrong with them, IMO. They would not live in any other era, either. They are divorced from the world and their society.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehaired View Post
Better now? Honestly if no one understands what was intended....that’s on you.
Not this time. Your original post, and this one are very unclear. Why not just explain yourself more clearly, and not blame others? You said " Medical and recreational have only THC to separate the benefits from recreation". What???

They both have THC in pretty much the same amounts. So what was your point?

Last edited by mlulu23; 09-03-2019 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I've stayed away from all illegal drugs, including marijuana, all my life and I have no intention of starting up now. Nothing good ever comes from using illegal drugs or associating with people who do.
So pot is fine, since it's legal? How about cigarettes? How about opioids, since they are legal? How about booze, since it's legal? How about the drug caffeine, since it's legal? How about valium, tranquilizers, antidepressants? All legal. How about sugar, which some say is an addictive drug? Legal.

Nothing good ever comes from not learning the differences among legal drugs, and judging others for choosing a different drug than you do. It's the philosophy of "you must do what I do, and you must not do what I don't do." Because what I do and don't do is, by definition, the only right way.

What really does harm in our country the most is the lifestyle of millions of people...sedentary, eating too much sugar & carbs, too much saturated fat....leading to an outbreak of obesity in our country and record levels of Type II diabetes (which is caused by lifestyle). All those substances are legal. And all are harmful, if not restricted.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
So pot is fine, since it's legal? How about cigarettes? How about opioids, since they are legal? How about booze, since it's legal? How about the drug caffeine, since it's legal? How about valium, tranquilizers, antidepressants? All legal. How about sugar, which some say is an addictive drug? Legal.

Nothing good ever comes from not learning the differences among legal drugs, and judging others for choosing a different drug than you do. It's the philosophy of "you must do what I do, and you must not do what I don't do." Because what I do and don't do is, by definition, the only right way.

What really does harm in our country the most is the lifestyle of millions of people...sedentary, eating too much sugar & carbs, too much saturated fat....leading to an outbreak of obesity in our country and record levels of Type II diabetes (which is caused by lifestyle). All those substances are legal. And all are harmful, if not restricted.
The guy is straight edge, why give him a hard time? As long as he gives us the same courtesy, and doesn't act superior.

"Straight Edge
(especially among fans of hardcore punk music) having an ascetic or abstinent lifestyle.
"he's so straightedge that he won't even take Tylenol when he has a headache"

Old 09-03-2019, 10:53 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,848,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

Dude, you need a toke...

Old 09-03-2019, 10:58 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,113,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Edibles take forever to take effect, f o r e v e r. Smoking a hit takes effect in 5 min, or less.
So what if the edibles take longer to take effect. Once you figure out the length of time it takes, just plan accordingly.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Dude, you need a toke...
Dude...he does.

He's preachy judgey...while partaking of his own drugs. And he was wrong about pot being illegal. He's just judgey and uninformed.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Dude, you need a toke...
Lol, no doubt.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
So what if the edibles take longer to take effect. Once you figure out the length of time it takes, just plan accordingly.
You asked a question, and I answered it. It's as simple as that. Do what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement