U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:02 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,283,706 times

Advertisements

Just and FYI about using Marijuana as a senior. Check the other meds you take to see if it is compatible. My husband has several that warns against it because it effects the drug's healing. He was prescribed 3 new drugs last week. One was for his heart, another was a really strong diuretic, and the other was potassium and they all warned it was not something he could use at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 07:07 PM

780 posts, read 664,439 times
Was a conservative about drugs until I was ~22. Met my wife, smoked out with her, and had a GREAT time. Weed is awesome. I haven’t smoked in about 5 years due to job reasons, but it’s not an overstatement to say that it changed my life. I’m more peaceful, more accepting, more filled with joie de vivre.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:50 PM

16,604 posts, read 5,454,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Just and FYI about using Marijuana as a senior. Check the other meds you take to see if it is compatible. My husband has several that warns against it because it effects the drug's healing. He was prescribed 3 new drugs last week. One was for his heart, another was a really strong diuretic, and the other was potassium and they all warned it was not something he could use at the same time.
That is a very good suggestion.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:19 AM

10,679 posts, read 6,086,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Because I was responding to your post like we do on these forums. You did criticize him personally, while my post to you was civil! Also, I guess you haven't read my many pro mj posts. I have NEVER written any anti mj posts. So not sure where you get the idea I was being preachy, just stating the facts about straight edge people.

Are you trying to shut down opposing thoughts by saying my post was personal, lol. That's just silly. Only pointing out that he doesn't like to do any kind of drugs, and that is his right. If we can't respond to posts honestly then we should just shut CD down completely. You are doing the same thing, and being reverse preachy. Both your posts today were attacking conservatives which isn't called for. There are a great many conservatives who are all for mj legalization on a federal level. And I am one of them.
While I agree with much of what you said I question the part in bold. AlaskErik was judgmental and factually incorrect with the line:

Nothing good ever comes from using illegal drugs or associating with people who do.

First off as pointed out marijuana is not illegal in many states and more are to follow. Next saying nothing good comes from using it, when there is a ton of documented cases where medical marijuana is helpful and therefore "good", is complete nonsense. To proclaim to never associate with someone who has discovered this benefit is closed minded and of course it will trigger a reaction,

Old 09-04-2019, 01:35 PM

22,001 posts, read 14,598,568 times
I need to research how long it stays in your system (height/weight, amount smoked, amount hydration, etc) so I can plan a few tokes before I retire.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:45 PM

12,578 posts, read 12,758,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
How can edibles be time consuming? I would think edibles would the fastest way.
Digestion is slow. It takes a minimum of an hour to get the effect of an edible, and then the THC continues to enter your body for hours. An edible is an all-day commitment.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 AM

24,304 posts, read 18,109,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
So what if the edibles take longer to take effect. Once you figure out the length of time it takes, just plan accordingly.
I had some edibles in a legal state on vacation earlier this summer. They were excellent. I snacked on a candy bar on public transit. No one paid attention to what I was eating. I overdid it a bit and had to wait awhile before driving, but I'd much rather have a candy bar, brownie, etc., than smoking.

I might smoke a cigar once a twice or month, but that's different because you don't inhale the cigar smoke.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:51 AM

2,489 posts, read 2,119,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I had some edibles in a legal state on vacation earlier this summer. They were excellent. I snacked on a candy bar on public transit. No one paid attention to what I was eating. I overdid it a bit and had to wait awhile before driving, but I'd much rather have a candy bar, brownie, etc., than smoking.

I might smoke a cigar once a twice or month, but that's different because you don't inhale the cigar smoke.
I would think a person should pay attention to the THC content of edible.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:35 AM

5,327 posts, read 2,043,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Digestion is slow. It takes a minimum of an hour to get the effect of an edible, and then the THC continues to enter your body for hours. An edible is an all-day commitment.
Petra mints (dissolved under the tongue) take 15 minutes - and at a low dosage (2.5 milligrams), there is really no "all-day commitment."

Old 09-05-2019, 10:53 AM

2,489 posts, read 2,119,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Petra mints (dissolved under the tongue) take 15 minutes - and at a low dosage (2.5 milligrams), there is really no "all-day commitment."
Is there euphoria with 2.5 MG's or more of a therapeutic dose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement