U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 01:51 PM

479 posts, read 988,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And then the opposite.

Yesterday was almost pain free w/o smoking. WTH? If I could pin down something I did, something I ate, something that made that difference, I'd do/eat/whatever every single day.

I'm baffled.
Could it perhaps be what I like to call a "stoneover", or as others call it a "high hang over"? This phenomenon is one of my favorite aspects of a post eddible high the next day, but perhaps something along the same lines for you post toke, with other variables tossed in? Some think this happens by virtue of enough THC still in blood plasma (kinda like an unintentional micro-dose); Maybe so, but it does not to me at least, feel like any stage of being "high", an awake comedown, or intentional micro dose taken? Certain foods like mangoes are reported to enhance THC uptake, as does alcohol.

For me and unlike an alcohol induced hangover, a stoneover is a nice relaxed, loose, mellow mindset with a similar bodily feel. Some liken it to the feeling of a mild tranquilizer/anti-anxiety medication, neither of which I have ever experiemced. Always a welcome side effect, and looked forward too. Hope you find the answer to your question, and can replicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
But someone else made the oil and I can only hope I can get my hands on some again!
If you can get the MJ, making the oil is a freaking breeze...

Old 09-07-2019, 04:50 PM

260 posts, read 93,513 times
Here are the Illinois limits:
Illinoisans will be able to legally possess 30 grams, or about an ounce, of cannabis flower. The legal limit for cannabis concentrate is 5 grams. And the limit for cannabis-infused products, such as edibles or tinctures, is 500 milligrams of THC, the chemical that gets users high. Illinois visitors will be allowed to possess half of those amounts.

I am not sure what the "concentrate" is and I have no idea how many "mints" you can buy with a 500 milligram THC. I know about the 30 grams, that would last a long time. Anybody in a legal state know about the other limits? And what do you do with "concentrate?"

Old 09-07-2019, 11:47 PM

16,616 posts, read 5,459,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
I am not sure what the "concentrate" is and I have no idea how many "mints" you can buy with a 500 milligram THC. I know about the 30 grams, that would last a long time. Anybody in a legal state know about the other limits? And what do you do with "concentrate?"
Concentrates are extracts of cannabis. They come in various forms such as hash, tinctures, vape oils and CBD. Hash would be smoked or sprinkled on a vape pen; tinctures are taken straight or mixed in a drink, and cartridges are used in vape pens. CBD can be ingested or used topically for pain relief. The advantage of concentrates is that they can be formulated to contain precise combinations of ingredients for maximum therapeutic effect, and it's easier to monitor the dosage.

One type of concentrate, called "dabs" or "wax," is ingested by heating a nail to a high temperature using a special dab rig and then inhaling the fumes. It is a more powerful high than smoking, and can be helpful to people who need stronger doses or who can't tolerate smoke.

I should add here that vaping of concentrates is controversial right now because recently there have been at least five deaths linked to lung damage from vaping. As of yet we don't know what is causing this lung damage. The cartridge may have been bootleg and may have contained toxic ingredients such as flavorings or oils that are not safe to consume. Many of the lung problems reported so far have been from e-cigarettes such as the Juul, which contain nicotine and flavorings. Still, one person who died had used a THC vape cartridge purchased at a licensed dispensary. So authorities are suggesting that people should avoid vaping concentrates for now until we know more about what's going on.

To answer your question about mints, the Petra mints I buy are 2.5 mg THC apiece. There are 40 in a tin, so the total for the entire tin is 100 mg. That means you could buy 5 tins and still be within the limit. Here in California, the limit is one ounce of weed or 8 grams of concentrate, and you can grow up to six plants in your home. There isn't any THC limit as far as I know.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:51 AM

260 posts, read 93,513 times
Default Hash

Concentrates are extracts of cannabis. They come in various forms such as hash, tinctures, vape oils and CBD. Hash would be smoked or sprinkled on a vape pen; tinctures are taken straight or mixed in a drink, and cartridges are used in vape pens. CBD can be ingested or used topically for pain relief. The advantage of concentrates is that they can be formulated to contain precise combinations of ingredients for maximum therapeutic effect, and it's easier to monitor the dosage.[LEFT]
Read more: Marijuana experiences?

The only concentrate I would be familiar with is hash. Back in the day we used to sprinkle it on buds and smoke in a pipe. I am showing my age in that I don't understand some of these products and terms. When it is legal here, I think I will stick to buds and hash for pain. And mints! I think the edibles are something that I want to try. Thank you for the explanation!

[/LEFT]

Old 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Perhaps to add to Bayarea4 helpful information, and add a bit of my own.

If you process cannabis or even hemp for flowers/buds, there is so much leftover plant material that has value if processed further. Trichomes, which are the part of the plant that looks like the white/amber 'frost', is where the CBD, CBDA, THC, THCA and many other compounds and terpenes (aromatics) are created. Ever look closely at a tomato stalk or leaves, and see little mushroom looking 'hairs'?... Those are trichome structures, and when rubbed give your hand that distinctive tomato smell (terpenes).

While most concentrated on cannabis/hemp buds, there are plenty on the nearby leaves (sugar leaves), and on the stalk and even fan leaves. The 'quick and dirty' way to harvest these is to use liquid butane, as you would find in lighter refill cans, running the butane through the plant material, collecting the resulting dark colored liquid and evaporating, many times under a vacuum. Now you have all the goodies in a concentrated form. There is also a much more lab intensive CO2 extraction method as well as others (flat iron heat extraction for 'rosin', basically melted trichomes fused into an amber mass). Note, these compounds are like the Everclear of cannabis use, many times having potential THC percentages 70-80-90%+! One small 'nail hit' for a beginner can be a very serious situation, and not pleasant at all.

You can also take buds placed in a bag with dry ice chunks, tumble and collect the frozen trichomes in the bottom of the bag. These trichomes ( called "kief") captured at the bottom of a std canabis/hemp grinder can then also be collected and sprinkled on top of cannabis/hemp to be smoked, rolled into a joint, etc. You can also take this tricome/kief material and press into a form, and now you have fantastic dry sift Lebanese style hash... It's very nice as straight CBD, THC, or a blend of your choice and making.

As for vape cartridges, I personally do not fully trust makers, esp from China... I have dealt with Chinese manufacturing, and while they absolutely can make anything at a standard as high as anyone, corruption, payoffs, and to hell with what is spece'd after the contract is given is very real, unless you are literally on top of them 100%. I make my own vape 'juice' using USP pure propylene glycol, and USP pure plant based glycerin. Very easily, and very cheaply gotten at say Amazon.com, along with any flavoring you may want. I know my product is pure w/o metal contamination, without containing any pneumonia aggravating/inducing oils, harmful cheap filler, hidden carcinogenic compounds, etc.

Can also tailor if you want a higher volume of vapor, a bit more or less 'bite' to the vapor, etc. Super easy to make for pennies, that is tailored to your needs of strength, taste, and vapor volume. Good luck with you experiences and positive results achieved.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM

3,809 posts, read 1,673,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
If you can get the MJ, making the oil is a freaking breeze...
Yeah, I've made oil, but this dude has some special process that has killer results!

Old 09-08-2019, 10:49 PM

7,675 posts, read 8,861,821 times
The other day I was talking to my 86 yr old aunt and she said her doctor advised her to take CBD oil (drops under the tongue) for chronic back and neck pain. She's had several surgeries over the years and is bent over at a 25 degree angle when she walks and has had episodes of pain. She cannot have anymore surgery.

She wasn't able to tell me what brand or strength of CBD she got or anything else about it. I'll have to look at the bottle next time I'm in town for a visit. I'm really curious what she got and if it's just straight CBD or has any THC in it, even a micro amount. She wasn't feeling anything from the drops at the time we spoke, I think whatever it is she's on is a very small dose.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:21 PM

28,394 posts, read 40,270,393 times
In general a small amount of THC seems to make quite a difference. We can buy pills here that are either all CBD or a mixture. I get better results from the mixture. Like any edible patience is key. It is necessary to realize the amount of time it takes for them to take affect.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:01 PM

914 posts, read 1,544,579 times
Smoked a fair amount of pot in the 70's, high school, college and grad school but drug free since then as the company I worked for drug tested. Mentioned to my 30 something that I planned on taking it up again after I retired. Upon retirement he gave me an ounce. I work part time for a drug and alcohol rehab who tests so the ounce remains in the cabinet untouched. It will be consumed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement