U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 PM

12,680 posts, read 12,837,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
And then the opposite.

Yesterday was almost pain free w/o smoking. WTH? If I could pin down something I did, something I ate, something that made that difference, I'd do/eat/whatever every single day.

I'm baffled.
Pot is fat soluble and persists in the body for a long time. You can have detectable levels in your bloodstream up to 30 days after the last time you smoked. If I'm going deep sea fishing, I smoke at bedtime the night before, and the anti-nausea effect works fine the next day.

It sounds like you may not need to medicate every day. You can experiment with every other day, or even every third day, to see if you still get relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 07:38 PM

12,680 posts, read 12,837,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
Here are the Illinois limits:
Illinoisans will be able to legally possess 30 grams, or about an ounce, of cannabis flower. The legal limit for cannabis concentrate is 5 grams. And the limit for cannabis-infused products, such as edibles or tinctures, is 500 milligrams of THC, the chemical that gets users high. Illinois visitors will be allowed to possess half of those amounts.

I am not sure what the "concentrate" is and I have no idea how many "mints" you can buy with a 500 milligram THC. I know about the 30 grams, that would last a long time. Anybody in a legal state know about the other limits? And what do you do with "concentrate?"
Does Illinois let people grow their own? Good old traditional herb is easy to grow and works just fine.

Concentrates that you buy in stores will generally be in one of the forms in this video. If you do a youtube search for thc wiki, you will find many educational videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsLDlNQEIfo

Old 09-09-2019, 07:44 PM

1,177 posts, read 469,327 times
We tried brownies on our trip to Amsterdam in April. Actually, our b&b in Haarlem pointed us to the local coffee house where we made our purchase. MrsK7 slept like a baby after eating her piece. Lol

Old 09-09-2019, 11:34 PM

28,472 posts, read 40,380,498 times
So today the Mrs. Turns to me and says, "You need to get stoned." This after watching me go through the usual for about an hour. I finally gave in about 15 minutes later. As usual, withing about 10 minutes I was feeling no pain. It's four hours later and my knees and elbows are starting to complain. I'll wait until I go to bed and take a tiny hit. That will put me to sleep.

Considering the number of drugs prescribed by doctors that simply don't work or do work but turn me into a Zombie (Cymbalta) this stuff is amazing.

I'm using a mix of 3/4 Cannatonic to 1/4 Pineapple OG.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:45 PM

216 posts, read 77,837 times
Have any retirees tried some dabs? They're awesome! Also, anyone hotboxed like this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxXmTv6JrSc

It's awesome rolling a blunt and hotboxing.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM

4,894 posts, read 3,308,244 times
I smoke a little every night right before I go to sleep. It helps me to relax.

Cat

Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 PM

290 posts, read 104,526 times
[quote=Larry Caldwell;56138485]Does Illinois let people grow their own? Good old traditional herb is easy to grow and works just fine.

I think if you are a medical patient you can grow 5 plants. Otherwise, no growing in Illinois.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:45 AM

16,656 posts, read 5,490,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
Have any retirees tried some dabs? They're awesome! Also, anyone hotboxed like this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxXmTv6JrSc

It's awesome rolling a blunt and hotboxing.
No, I'm not into either of those things, and I don't smoke it. I prefer edibles or tinctures.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:19 PM

216 posts, read 77,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
No, I'm not into either of those things, and I don't smoke it. I prefer edibles or tinctures.
Why don't you like to smoke it? It lasts longer and you can conserve more as opposed to just eating and it's already gone.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:27 PM

28,472 posts, read 40,380,498 times
A lot of people don't like the idea of putting anything in their lungs. A variety of reasons. It's not necessary to eat an entire edible so it can be conserved.

I smoke, but very little. At night before bed mostly, or during the day if I need pain relief. If I want long-term relief I'll take a hit and have an edible. That's for the really bad times. I smoked from the age of eight until thirty-three. My lungs are as clean as the day I was born. I'm 71.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement