U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:12 AM

219 posts, read 78,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
A lot of people don't like the idea of putting anything in their lungs. A variety of reasons. It's not necessary to eat an entire edible so it can be conserved.

I smoke, but very little. At night before bed mostly, or during the day if I need pain relief. If I want long-term relief I'll take a hit and have an edible. That's for the really bad times. I smoked from the age of eight until thirty-three. My lungs are as clean as the day I was born. I'm 71.
So there probably aren't many seniors taking massive bong hits, lol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 10:30 AM

5,451 posts, read 2,486,433 times
Default I'm in desperate need of help

For those who use pills or edibles, what is your weight (sorry) & how many mg of THC do you require? Are you medicating for pain or for adverse mental health symptoms? More specifically regarding mental health; anxiety &/or anger.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:36 AM

3,224 posts, read 7,050,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
For those who use pills or edibles, what is your weight (sorry) & how many mg of THC do you require? Are you medicating for pain or for adverse mental health symptoms? More specifically regarding mental health; anxiety &/or anger.
I use edibles, am 5'9, 140 pounds and use 40 mgs of THC in the half cookie I take every day, which is too much for a newbie. I use edibles not for anxiety, just to relax and enjoy things more. Listening to music, sex and eating are all enhanced with the use of edibles, in my experience.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I use edibles, am 5'9, 140 pounds and use 40 mgs of THC in the half cookie I take every day, which is too much for a newbie. I use edibles not for anxiety, just to relax and enjoy things more. Listening to music, sex and eating are all enhanced with the use of edibles, in my experience.
Thank you, really I am so grateful! This may just explain it:

I have been using one 10 mg THC gummy for a 6'3", 230 lb male with severe aggression, anxiety & physical violence (autistic son) & besides that very first time; it hasn't made a dent in the behaviors. I am his primary caregiver & I am desperate. So far, besides abrasions & a bloody mouth I haven't been seriously injured (I'm attacked several times a day) & according to the case histories, pharmaceuticals can make it WORSE & I can't take a chance on that gamble. This (THC) is the only thing I can find that has not reported a potential worsening of symptoms. Luckily I'm in Colorado but this could get expensive.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:01 PM

28,486 posts, read 40,394,611 times
THC is the wrong thing to give him. You want CBD. Look for some 100% CBD or CBD with a little THC in it. I find that THC seems to amplify the effects of CBD. You want a high percentage of CBD relative to THC.

Altus makes pills that are 2.5 mg thc /25 mg cbd per dose. These are what I use when I want to relax. Not edibles like gummies, but a small pill.

THC is going to ramp him up, not calm him down.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:38 PM

290 posts, read 105,710 times
All I know is I am in Illinois, less than 4 months to legal, and I can't wait for those edibles. I think an edible an hour or so before bed will be a wonder for my sleep issues. A toke or two from the pipe can't be bad either. What a wonderful change in Illinois. Finally we will be able to walk into a dispensary and walk out with the healing herb. Thank you JB!

Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM

16,662 posts, read 5,493,921 times
coschristi, if your son uses THC at all, be sure itís an indica strain. These are sedating, as opposed to sativas, which areenergizing and can cause anxiety at higher doses.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:48 PM

12,692 posts, read 12,845,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
So there probably aren't many seniors taking massive bong hits, lol?
We have come a long way from Mexican mud weed. Nowadays you don't have to smoke that much to get off.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:53 PM

16,662 posts, read 5,493,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I am 5'2" and about 10 lbs. overweight. One thing that made me nervous about getting my medical card is that I didn't want to get the munchies. But I found that I actually lost weight after three years of daily use. I think once you have built up a tolerance, the munchies are not a problem.

I use cannabis at night to help me sleep. I need at least 25 mg. of THC, though I can tolerate up to 30 mg. Sometimes I take 20 mgs. and supplement it with a few hits from my vape pen or a couple of 2.5 mg. mints. No bong hits here. My husband does not use cannabis and hates the smell, so out of consideration for him I avoid any method of ingestion that creates smoke or fumes.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
THC is the wrong thing to give him. You want CBD. Look for some 100% CBD or CBD with a little THC in it. I find that THC seems to amplify the effects of CBD. You want a high percentage of CBD relative to THC.

Altus makes pills that are 2.5 mg thc /25 mg cbd per dose. These are what I use when I want to relax. Not edibles like gummies, but a small pill.

THC is going to ramp him up, not calm him down.
Hmm. I have also tried a gummy that was 5 mg CBD to 1 mg THC & it did nothing. But I suppose that for a guy his size, that was barely a drop in the bucket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement