U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 04:02 PM

5,458 posts, read 2,490,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
coschristi, if your son uses THC at all, be sure it’s an indica strain. These are sedating, as opposed to sativas, which areenergizing and can cause anxiety at higher doses.
Yeah, the guy at the dispensary described it as 'In-di-ca = In-the-couch', lol & I said; 'yeah, that sounds good'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 PM

28,492 posts, read 40,400,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Hmm. I have also tried a gummy that was 5 mg CBD to 1 mg THC & it did nothing. But I suppose that for a guy his size, that was barely a drop in the bucket.
People react differently. I'm an easy high. That would have made me mellow. My 5'-1" wife, on the other hand, requires two to get mellow. So try two and see. Cannabis is all about experimenting to find the correct level. No different than pharm meds.

Old 09-14-2019, 10:25 AM

5,401 posts, read 2,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Thank you, really I am so grateful! This may just explain it:

I have been using one 10 mg THC gummy for a 6'3", 230 lb male with severe aggression, anxiety & physical violence (autistic son) & besides that very first time; it hasn't made a dent in the behaviors. I am his primary caregiver & I am desperate. So far, besides abrasions & a bloody mouth I haven't been seriously injured (I'm attacked several times a day) & according to the case histories, pharmaceuticals can make it WORSE & I can't take a chance on that gamble. This (THC) is the only thing I can find that has not reported a potential worsening of symptoms. Luckily I'm in Colorado but this could get expensive.
I feel so bad for anyone who is being abused, but to be abused daily, is just too much.

What can be done?

It sounds like he, at the very least, needs to be sedated and/or restrained.

What happens if he seriously injures you?

Old 09-15-2019, 03:24 AM

26,604 posts, read 29,022,554 times
My experience is I'm tired of inhaling other people's second hand pot smoke.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:56 AM

4,926 posts, read 3,413,131 times
That is too much to deal with, coschristi. Is his doctor aware of what you go through every day? He is a big man...... he could cause serious damage to you. Prayers for you and your son.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:05 AM

219 posts, read 79,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
coschristi, if your son uses THC at all, be sure it’s an indica strain. These are sedating, as opposed to sativas, which areenergizing and can cause anxiety at higher doses.
That's not really true:

https://www.quora.com/Which-do-you-p...tiva-or-Indica

Quote:
However, contrary to popular belief, growing evidence suggests that the major, categorical differences in indicas and sativas, as previously mentioned, are mostly, if not entirely attributed to placebo. Any dispensary will tell you that indica strains are sedating, sativa strains are stimulating and hybrids fall somewhere in the middle, but this simply isn’t the case. At least, not as a rule of thumb.

The differences in sativa and indica strains, as a general rule, are purely morphological; as in, the plants themselves appear and behave differently, but there’s no general expectation for what their effects will be like. Some indica strains can leave you energetic and some sativas can knock you out. Each specific strain has its own effects, and are rarely, if ever, defined by the “type” of cannabis they come from. The trick to a dispenser telling you that this new indica strain will leave you tired and sleepy is expectation; while consuming that strain later that night, you expect to feel tired and sleepy, so you do.
Sativa is for daytime, Indica for nightime. Really for a lot of people Sativa is the best thing regardless.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:36 AM

28,492 posts, read 40,400,942 times
What you should be doing is ignoring the indica/sativa designation and look for the THC/CBD content. That is a better rule of thumb.

Old 09-25-2019, 06:51 AM

170 posts, read 229,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
What you should be doing is ignoring the indica/sativa designation and look for the THC/CBD content. That is a better rule of thumb.
in general, I believe this is true.

I am one of those for whom a very small dose is good, but it's easy to get too much. that's why edibles are so excellent, you can really be sure of the dose you are getting.

and I have not had the time to read this whole thread (it's huge!) but for anyone who wants to use cannabis for a medical problem check out healer.com for extremely good information in general and specifically on micro-dosing.

there is a ton of misinformation out there (and in here!) so if you are interested in not getting high (not that there is anything wrong with that!) or think you can't use it and be functional, read what Dr. Sulak has to say.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:46 AM

360 posts, read 181,032 times
The Arthritis Foundation has released guidelines on CBD usage.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abbiero.../#52714c7afda3

Old 09-28-2019, 07:32 PM

5,458 posts, read 2,490,113 times
I think I'm finally getting close to figuring it out.

I had taken him off completely to get back to baseline & last week was AWFUL. He attacked his teacher the day after her cataract surgery & bent her glasses. Swung at staff members 13 times in just one day. Had to be physically restrained by the code team & spent every day in an observation room. At home he swung a large metal spatula at me & caused a bloody welt on my forearm & punched me so hard in the head that I've got a knot behind my left ear.

I hate to say this but after he swung at me about 20 times after getting out of school on Monday, I grabbed a roll of packing tape & taped his wrists together until his dad got home from work.

Then he was yelling 'I'm allergic to TAPE!' Ugh. He actually is. His wrists were turning pink by the time his dad got home at which time he had ran to the bedroom & burrowed under a blanket so his dad 'couldn't see him'

Sorry kid but at 6'3 you kinda stand out.

The last two days I've tried the 5 cbd: 1 thc every 6 hours & he's a different kid. He's swung at me maybe three times both days & very halfheartedly. Almost like just out of habit. That might sound appalling to some but compared to normal that is like a 95% decrease in violent behaviors. It's workable with, whereas before he was out for blood. Literally.

Right now he's sitting in front of the computer, bouncing on his yoga ball, humming a tune & drawing! He hasn't been able to do that for MONTHS! If I took that much I'd be gorked but this just might work for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement