U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

12,654 posts, read 16,794,076 times

Advertisements

The closest I have come to MJ (that I'm aware of) is finding seeds in empty containers while doing inspections in New Orleans.

There are a lot of comparisons to be made between a new born baby and an old person so I guess I'll add one more in that I want to finish this life as sober as I began it.

But as my old AF T.I. used to say, "smoke 'em if you got 'em."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

5,205 posts, read 1,989,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I smoked pot back in the day. It was fun. Things could seem incredibly funny. But beyond that (and speaking only for myself), the effect was mainly to put me to sleep. I swear I could barely keep my eyes open and not slide sideways on a sofa. It made everyone move s-l-o-w-l-y. We were all so chill, when we were stoned. And happy.

I sure wish it were legal where I am. It'd be great for sleep problems or relaxation or maybe joint pain.

Don't forget that smoking is harmful to lungs. I wouldn't smoke, now. I'd make lower calorie brownies or something. And no driving, just like with any other drug.
It's so bizarre to me that people think you have to smoke it. You don't.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstad View Post
I tried medical marijuana for anxiety -made it worse. I vaped a combination of CBD and THC. It was the THC that affected me.
Never again!
Try Petra Mints. You might be surprised.

Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM

4,651 posts, read 1,798,331 times
Just once, with brownies. It was interesting when it hit, but the idea of no longer being in control of myself was too scary, so I just went to bed and went to sleep.

Couple times wheni was young, a joint was being passed around and everyone saying "Hey, man", but I felt nothing.

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

14,318 posts, read 7,646,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, what's up with that? DH used to enjoy a good scotch or tequila, and now he can't stand the stuff. He also can't take a sleeping pill without staying groggy all the next day.
I still drink. Just not the quantity or frequency of my younger years. My body metabolizes alcohol much slower than when I was 18 to 30. I slow my consumption to nursing my beverage once I feel a slight buzz. Marijuana is even worse. Maybe it’s the strength of it compared to the 1970s and 1980s but just a little bit turns my into a vegetable. It’s probably been close to a decade since I’ve had any. It no longer enhances the experience. I’m in a state that has legalized it and I used to work in Denver a lot. I have no interest.

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

4,165 posts, read 1,180,889 times
I never touched MJ during my working years. When I retired I decided to give it a try. Smoking is hard on my lungs, I cough like crazy. I started growing plants several years ago and had a blast doing that. I grew the legal limit in Oregon which is 4 plants. I ended up getting so many pounds I gave it away to friends. I also made brownies, much easier then smoking, but it literally turned me into a zombie. My short term memory degraded. My wife didn't enjoy having a zombie around so I stopped consuming brownies. Smoking didn't have the same effect. I smoke a little bit to this day. I have 4 ounces jarred up that is probably half as potent as it used to be. I'll probably end up giving that away too.
I smoke very little now, but I have tried CBD oil recently which I really enjoy. It really helps with sleep and has no psychoactive THC in it. I don't get high, just sleepy. My wife is highly allergic to pot so I never smoke any inside. She literally has muscle contractions that have to be seen to be believed.
I'm glad Oregon legalized it but now there is a growing problem with marijuana DUII's. (Driving under the influence of intoxicants). Just like drinking and driving, don't smoke and drive!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

127 posts, read 13,133 times
"Wake me up when I'm hungry"
Can you hear me? "No, it's too dark"

Stoner Guy Memes

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

479 posts, read 339,044 times
Its laced now with crank or meth or whatever. So you'll be a good customer. In LA this was everywhere

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Its laced now with crank or meth or whatever. So you'll be a good customer. In LA this was everywhere
So dumb. In California it's legal. The dispensaries are not selling products that are "laced."

God.

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

7,538 posts, read 4,344,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Nonsense fear mongering. Especially in the legal highly regulated states.

Our current drug epidemic is opioids...caused by prescription drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement