U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 12:27 PM

433 posts, read 972,125 times

Advertisements

I believe the scheduling of cannabis to schedule one was a terrible decision, and has cost the lives of many that could have benefited from good science... I had an aunt and uncle whom both were PhD analytical chemists specializing in plant alkaloid science, who were trying to discover medicines derived from the plant in the early 70's, and all of a sudden when the schedule 1 ruling hit, it all stopped. How happy I imagine they would be today if alive, that even in the very limited work being done we finally got Epidiolex, a high potency CBD OK'd by the FDA for seizures, and just today I saw this:

Study on cannabis chemical as a treatment for pancreatic cancer may have 'major impact,' Harvard researcher says:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stud...165116708.html

This is amazingly good news, especially for this type of cancer, and I hope on the cusp of much more.

I am not in the camp of CBD/CBD THC/their entourage effect as being a panacea cure-all for everything, but we must make way for continued good, reasoned science to show us what it can do, and not price it to the point where all the good will be diminished by unmitigated greed. Yes, good science is extremely expensive to conduct, just the same I am hopeful good therapies will soon be developed once this asinine scheduling for cannabis is removed.

I should note making your own CBD/CBA products is extremely easy at home. I make my own using very good quality hemp that is lab tested for purity, composition, and strength, and coconut oil of your choice. If you wish to make high CBA oil you can steep the raw hemp buds/buds and trim in the liquefied oil, or if you want to make CBD oil, you decarboxylate (basically light toasting) of the plant matter and soak in the liquefied coconut oil. Could also make tinctures, or smoke/vaporize the hemp buds if you like.

I have bought my hemp from tweedlefarms, and always received good service.

https://tweedlefarms.com/

Beautiful stuff:

Here is what my homemade extracted oil looks like... Very tasty, very fragrant and potent with CBD.

Can eat it straight, make an edible, add it to a salad, bake cookies/brownies...

As for cannabis of course I am fully for it's use both medically and for recreation. When used in a legal state where the quality, strain and potency is known I greatly enjoy the effects - Food and music are incredible, I sleep better than anything else I have used, gain meaningful pain relief from a slipped disk in my back and pinched nerves in my neck, and when shared with a partner, sexual relations are beyond description... Truly as if in another dimension of pleasure and connectiveness that is beyond language to describe. I suffer no more than a very pleasant 'stone-over' at the most after use, and function as I would not using... I'm not lazy, I bother no one, and as productive as I see fit.

I am so glad to see the reefer madness B.S. based in greed and bigotry is starting to wear off, just the same I hope big $$$ does not ruin it for some, and soon we can all make an adult choice if we wish to, or not to partake. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Marijuana experiences?-hemp-oil.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 12:42 PM

1,495 posts, read 718,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Do whatever you want to. The smell of pot alone is enough to make me want to puke.
Smells like a skunk. LOL

Old 08-21-2019, 12:52 PM

15,633 posts, read 17,925,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
It's still illegal as far as federal law is concerned.
Big government interference. Freedom, civil society, and happiness are there if the government decides you can have it.

I suppose you support the law that says Alaskans are not allowed to be drunk in bars, too?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:21 PM

548 posts, read 171,486 times
First, second, and third time I smoked it, I didn't feel anything.
Third time, I felt a little something. That was over 50 years ago; 1968.

And I began liking weed a lot. It made me notice "Little things," that I never noticed before.
Very relaxing, and I use it to help me think, to see things with a different aspect.

And if I am dead tired, a little smoke and the tiredness is gone.
If I have indigestion, a little smoke cures that.
I get angry, smoke a little, the anger goes away.
I say something ill to someone and I don't care, a little smoke and I regret it.
Time passing slow, a little smoke speeds that up.
I got bit by a copperhead this morning, I smoked my medicine. Swollen big now...
First time I've ever been snake bitten, but doesn't seem to be much pain involved with a copperhead bite.

Only bad experiences of this Vietnam vet is two felonies for trying to grow my own smoke.
Got a little jail, first time. Second time I lost everything I had paying lawyers to stay out of prison...and I agreed to leave the State of Louisiana within 90 days...nearly broke, with a pickup that got 400 miles to a quart of oil, I headed north for Kentucky before Feb. 1992. You bet I did.

Probation officer in Kentucky didn't seem to care much if I just smoked pot. I think they could grow 5 plants in the yard or something. And I only had to serve one year's probation there, instead of the 5 years they gave me in Louisiana.

That was the beginning of my experience with weed...
Basically, weed tends to make me take a closer look at myself in that imaginary mirror, review things I have done, review what I did today, to think; I think weed helped me get to know myself a lot better.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:38 PM

16,516 posts, read 5,420,260 times
As for munchies, this is a real thing. I've always had to watch my weight, and fear of munchies is one of the reasons I hesitated to try cannabis again. The munchies seem to affect casual users more than people who use it daily like I do. What does happen is that I get thirsty, and a cold drink seems to be all I need.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:48 PM

7,592 posts, read 8,795,104 times
THC and I are not friends in the least. I never understood what was pleasurable about it; it gave me a panic attack I wouldn't wish on anyone. If I ever tried a CBD product it would have to have almost no THC in it. Probably not nearly as effective without some THC though.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:42 PM

7,606 posts, read 3,126,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I live in Colorado, a state that has legalized both medical and recreational marijuana.

I'm curious but I haven't tried it. Have you? How was your experience?

Bill Engvall's experience with brownies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOfiLTRAgA
Yeah, right.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:39 PM

433 posts, read 972,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
As for munchies, this is a real thing. I've always had to watch my weight, and fear of munchies is one of the reasons I hesitated to try cannabis again. The munchies seem to affect casual users more than people who use it daily like I do. What does happen is that I get thirsty, and a cold drink seems to be all I need.
I agree "the munchies" can be an issue some/maybe most folks don't want to deal with, and it seems strains with the cannabinoid THC-V can help with this. Of course the munchies don't have to be about eating two bags of Doritos, qt of ice cream or a whole large pizza (as great as they are), I find semi frozen mixed fruit to be absolutely divine, grapes, apples and other sweet fruit to be great too. Hot coffee and green tea are absolutely magical during the ride IMO and experience.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 PM

6,428 posts, read 2,984,650 times
As a teen I had some. I recall the "high". Couldn't feel my teeth. Then about an hour later I felt my dinner coming up. Can't stand the smell of it . About 15 years ago when I was diagnosed with a condition , my one sense "smell" became heightened. I was hyper sensitive to pungent odors...garlic and pot being more common. I think I could make a good drug dog for sniffing out that horrid stuff.
Even a conversation with someone who is high is daunting. Unclear....slow to express . I used to laugh at the cheech and chong movies...at least those guys knew they were doing stupid things..

Often said once legalization of pot occurred we are one step away from irrationally letting coke and narcotics to go on the free market. The only reason we are accepting mj into the system is to thwart it coming in from other countries. We figured ..grow it here to control it better. What a bunch of malarkey.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 PM

21,859 posts, read 14,529,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

Often said once legalization of pot occurred we are one step away from irrationally letting coke and narcotics to go on the free market. The only reason we are accepting mj into the system is to thwart it coming in from other countries. We figured ..grow it here to control it better. What a bunch of malarkey.
The only thing I agree with is the last sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement