U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:23 PM

1,857 posts, read 1,969,175 times

Advertisements

i'm allergic to the stuff, sticking with my other vices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:57 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,314,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
There are so many ignorant comments on this thread about "narcotics," etc. - it's just ridiculous. I would love to know what drugs all of the cannabis haters are taking!
None whatsoever. No illegal drugs and no prescription drugs. I do have a beer every so often, but that's about it. Even if the feds make it legal I have zero interest in marijuana in any form.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:58 PM

7,457 posts, read 4,314,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So if the Feds say that a harmless plant is illegal you have no problem with that, but if the Feds say enhanced background checks on all gun purchases, it stands to reason you’ll support Federal law.

Good to know.
There is no Constitutional right to marijuana.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:14 PM

958 posts, read 356,101 times
Like many, I experimented while I was in high school. I kid you not, my friends had an intervention and basically told me "hey Pete you gotta stop with the weed because you are driving us nuts. You are crazy enough without weed so best you just stick with a few beers." Haha. I'll never forget that. That was the end for me.

I know many that use it not to get stoned but to take the edge off after a long day. That's cool and don't hold it against them those days are long gone for me. If I recall, one of the things that I didn't like was the burnout afterwards. Never liked that feeling.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:55 PM

28,832 posts, read 62,892,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
There is no Constitutional right to marijuana.
Nor is there one for asparagus.
As natural state agricultural products BOTH warrant being legal by default.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:43 PM

4,035 posts, read 1,727,548 times
I support the legalization of marijuana, and know plenty of users who function very well.

But the last time I used it was around 1980. I was at a party and feeling a little down, so I took a hit. I wound up sitting in a corner crying. I decided it was not the drug for me, and stick to alcohol.

However, I now understand some stains of pot bring you up, and others bring you down. Maybe I'll try a cheerier kind next time I visit a state where it's legal.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:42 PM

12,507 posts, read 12,695,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Geez, don't take it personally, those of you who are nonplussed and aghast at someone having had a bad MJ experience decades ago. Back then people in my college dorm were using bongs more so than rolled joints. Yes of course the dose was too much and/or the weed was really strong, that's obvious in hindsight, but you don't find that out until it hits. No kid was advising another kid to "just take one and only one hit and that's it!"

No doubt cannabis has important medicinal purposes and is a godsend to people who are sick and nauseous and in pain from cancer, chemo, and other maladies. There's also no begrudging others from using and enjoying it, just as there's no judging if others like alcoholic beverages.
I forgot to mention that MJ's anti-nausea effect extends to many kinds of nausea. If you get seasick, smoke some weed the night before you go deep sea fishing. It works way better than dramamine.

There's no reason that medicinal use can't be recreational too. For many people, it is.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:51 PM

8,680 posts, read 9,778,658 times
Interesting thread and I finally got through the whole thing. I voted to legalize pot and will again. I never tried it till I was in my early 30s. In fact, I was VERY against it and anyone who knew me knew that. Then I went to a party at a cousins. They were all smoking, drinking and having a good time and I HAD to say something. Probably that they'd all turn into mush brains or something. lol Then cousin tells me that if I'm going to bad mouth something I really should try it, find out if I'm right or not and then, maybe, he'll listen to me. So, okay. Back then I had NO idea about pot 'manners' and didn't know I was supposed to pass that puppy around so I smoked it all myself. Ohhhh boy. lol Never felt anything like that and wasn't sure how it was going to end. I left for home, six blocks away, and it took me FOREVER to get there. Then I wondered if this 'feeling' was ever going away and figured it must be like being drunk so maybe a cold shower was what I needed. Did that...no change. Ended up sleeping in my vibrating recliner till 6:00 AM and STILL felt kinda stoned. And "all shook up" lol Long story short, once I got 'sobered' up I decided it wasn't THAT bad but if I did it again I wouldn't go overboard and I never did.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:52 AM

18,045 posts, read 11,422,705 times
I grew up in the hippie era of the 60's, and a lot of the hippie chicks I dated had a little weed on them. I tried it a couple of times, but I don't smoke, so I really didn't like the process, and hated being silly and not 100% in control of myself. Haven't ever wanted to try it again, same as drinking too much, it just makes you goofy.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:41 PM

12,507 posts, read 12,695,585 times
This site has a lot of info on using MJ, but this page is dedicated to safe usage. These tips are very good.

https://lightshade.com/cannabis-use-guidelines/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement