Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 11:12 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Dude, you need a toke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Dude...he does.

He's preachy judgey...while partaking of his own drugs. And he was wrong about pot being illegal. He's just judgey and uninformed.
He doesn't need a toke. You do, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 11:14 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
The guy is straight edge, why give him a hard time? As long as he gives us the same courtesy, and doesn't act superior.

"Straight Edge
(especially among fans of hardcore punk music) having an ascetic or abstinent lifestyle.
"he's so straightedge that he won't even take Tylenol when he has a headache"
I didn't criticize him personally. Why are you criticizing me personally.

I was just calling attention to the fact that pot is not "illegal," as he seems to think, and that MOST drugs that are harmful ARE legal. He's just wrong in his facts.

He also, like every American, partakes of drugs himself. He's just judging others for doing different drugs than he does. And all this drug nonsense notwithstanding....it's the lifestyle of Americans that is the most damaging of all.

All the diabetes...a chronic condition...is costing all of us billions of dollars in healthcare costs. We all pay for that. Type 2 diabetes is caused solely by lifestyle, and totally preventable. Eating beef is linked to causing cancer. I would guess that most people who judge others for smoking a little pot, are partaking in unhealthy substances themselves.

This is not criticism of any particular person. It's a legit observation of the misplaced judgment toward certain things because of something incorrect that is stuck in a person's head about the substance, while turning a blind eye and not judging others for doing things that are far more damaging to the body and to the country.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I didn't criticize him personally. Why are you criticizing me personally. More preachy, judgey stuff?

I was just calling attention to the fact that pot is not "illegal," as he seems to think, and that MOST drugs that are harmful ARE legal. He's just wrong in his facts.

He also, like every American, partakes of drugs himself. He's just being preachy because some do different drugs than he does. And all this drug nonsense notwithstanding....it's the lifestyle of Americans that is the most damaging of all.

All the diabetes...a chronic condition...is costing all of us billions of dollars in healthcare costs. We all pay for that. Type 2 diabetes is caused solely by lifestyle, and totally preventable. Eating beef is linked to causing cancer. I would guess that most people who "tsk tsk" about others smoking a little legal pot, are partaking in unhealthy substances themselves.

This is not criticism of any particular person. It's a legit observation of the misplaced judgment toward certain things because of something incorrect that is stuck in a person's head about the substance, while turning a blind eye and not judging others for doing things that are far more damaging to the body and to the country.
Because I was responding to your post like we do on these forums. You did criticize him personally, while my post to you was civil! Also, I guess you haven't read my many pro mj posts. I have NEVER written any anti mj posts. So not sure where you get the idea I was being preachy, just stating the facts about straight edge people.

Are you trying to shut down opposing thoughts by saying my post was personal, lol. That's just silly. Only pointing out that he doesn't like to do any kind of drugs, and that is his right. If we can't respond to posts honestly then we should just shut CD down completely. You are doing the same thing, and being reverse preachy. Both your posts today were attacking conservatives which isn't called for. There are a great many conservatives who are all for mj legalization on a federal level. And I am one of them.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:35 AM

679 posts, read 878,221 times
Seriously, cannabis consumption is no big deal. Living in a state where it’s legal I don’t understand what all the kerfuffle is about. The end of alcohol prohibition didn’t cause the fall of civilization and when cannabis is eventually legalized on a federal level, it won’t either.

It’s benefits, medical and otherwise, far outweigh the downside.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:53 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
Seriously, cannabis consumption is no big deal. Living in a state where it’s legal I don’t understand what all the kerfuffle is about. The end of alcohol prohibition didn’t cause the fall of civilization and when cannabis is eventually legalized on a federal level, it won’t either.

Amen. It's helped us to cut WAY down on drinking, for example. I notice my arthritis less. TV is funnier.

Only with edibles, it's hard to not reach for ANOTHER chocolate chip cookie....(but we don't).

Old 09-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post

Agreed. But I sure wish they would hurry up, and make quicker headway. Although I'm thankful for the steady, albeit slow progress we are making. Federal legalization would really change things immensely, but it would still be up to the individual states whether to legalize it, or not. Even some towns in legal states don't want it sold there. Eastern Oregon is like that. You have to drive all over creation to buy any.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:24 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
You asked a question, and I answered it. It's as simple as that. Do what you want.
You weren't the poster I asked the question to.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:03 PM

645 posts, read 1,540,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Amen. It's helped us to cut WAY down on drinking, for example. I notice my arthritis less. TV is funnier.

Only with edibles, it's hard to not reach for ANOTHER chocolate chip cookie....(but we don't).
Glad to hear they give you relief from arthritis... I get very meaningful relief from recurring pinched nerves myself, and great sleep to boot. I never make cookies, rather Nutella based candies, prepared as a singe dose (15-20 mg). Mighty fine tasting, and if taken around bedtime the munchies hit after I'm asleep. Time of onset is usually around 1.5 hrs, but of course can vary by virtue of many factors. Can also use the same candies as a base for my CBD only candies too... Where for me THC inhibits REM sleep and dreaming, I expereince fantastical dreams using CBD only.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:15 PM

645 posts, read 1,540,118 times
Quote:
Agreed.Even some towns in legal states don't want it sold there. Eastern Oregon is like that. You have to drive all over creation to buy any.
What you mention even in legal states, is discouraging to me... Sure, I know "it can be found" with little trouble I'm sure, as alcohol is in 'dry' counties in KY; just the same I know it is a factor for me and any relocation I have considered... Eastern OR and WA is where I would want to move to, and having few retail locations is a real bummer, same for a lot of CO too. What will really bust open the dam, is when legal mailing of product comes to fruition (schedule 1 elimination). Demand and making $$$ hand-over-fist will make this a reality I believe.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Is it legal in the country you reside in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement