U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,381,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwfcforlife View Post
Saw this on Reddit and thought it would be great on this board , what old person things do you do?

I like to watch 1960s movies rather than current movies

Does that count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

5,677 posts, read 1,425,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Me too. Love "Seventies on Seven, Sirius XM."
Me, three! My daughter kept telling me for years they were saying 'Seventinis'. I knew she was wrong but she has only admitted it in the last year or so.

Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM

5,660 posts, read 2,980,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
The word is a nic for one of the mods, as part of the TOS you're not allowed to discuss the moderators. Just a guess.
I guess then if a mod’s nickname is Gabby, we can’t say someone is very gabby. Or that the verb or noun “pat” is verboten because there is a mod with that nickname.

Maybe the Word That Shall Not Be Uttered has some obscure raunchy or derogatory meaning that most Americans don’t know of.

It’ll be fun searching on that word...

Hmmm, that didn’t take long. The WTSNBU means, among other things, the cocaine-related drug whose name starts with “cr.” Odd, because people have posted that word on C-D before.

There must be an X-rated slang meaning!

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 437,827 times
I'm beginning to complain to myself about the cost of stuff. A good example is an Overland Journal Black & Charcoal Hat.

My comment? "$26 for a ****ing baseball cap? Hell naw."

Mind you, I don't mind spending money. I recently purchased an Omega moonwatch and I'm looking at a new bicycle in the next six months that'll cost just under a half million in pretty pennies. Everyone has their own take on stuff they desire and purchase I suppose.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

5,263 posts, read 2,009,293 times
Oh, my oldest person things is walking down stairs one stair at a time in the old person's way.

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

10,526 posts, read 12,474,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwfcforlife View Post
Saw this on Reddit and thought it would be great on this board , what old person things do you do?

I like to watch 1960s movies rather than current movies
Read lots of news.....

When I watch an older movie, I'll google actors I think may have died from that movie

I'll marvel at a deal. My neighbor bought a brand new shovel from a big box store for $9. I couldn't believe you could buy a brand new shovel that cheap, to the point I almost bought one just because it was so cheap! I'd didn't..........figured I could borrow his for free!

Lately I have been looking at things and considering how expensive they have gotten. New F150, 50-55-60K? Crazytalk, I bought a new Lariat 9 years ago for 30,000!

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Yell at kids to "get off my lawn".
I waited decades to be old enough to do this. It is fun.
That's not me but I did fix a kids bike the other day (chain kept falling off). I told him to bring it up to my garage, loosened the wheel and made it tight. I showed him what I did, made him tighten the bolts.

I can remember "old guys" doing stuff like that for me as a kid! Funny how life repeats itself.

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM

I got busted wearing a 10 yr old t-shirt recently...........it still looks fine but it is 10 years old. Usually shirts got torn up, stained or left somewhere long before 10 years. I have a Porsche shirt that a relative bought me in 2002 (so that is 17) but I didn't wear it much and it will soon be vintage!

My workbench is slowly creeping up with "old man" containers full of loose screws/nuts, broken things I think I will fix someday and general stuff that has been there for years and untouched. I have NOT gotten to the mason jar status.

I have some storage trays (little slide out trays in a box) that are easily 50 years old. I got them in the late 80's (yeah that makes them 30+ years in my possession). Some of my tools are 50 years old but they still say Made in USA......vs China/India/where ever

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

10,803 posts, read 4,372,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Me too. Love "Seventies on Seven, Sirius XM."
Me too. I love going from the 70's station, on 7, to the comedy station Laugh USA on channel 98. Both will get you to your destination in your car in a good mood.

I'm doing this other thing, that I know only old people do (I'm hanging on to the last months of being 59).

:-/

I'm buying clothes and shoes that I like in other colors. For example, if I really love a pair of white capris, I go online to buy the same item in black and blue. Same thing with shoes.

I've bought my favorite top in two colors.

How old is that?

I think I'll stop doing it.

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

809 posts, read 225,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Me too but I'm wondering if it will work on those really old shows. Were they set up for that? Or does that just work automatically? Need to check it out.
Most likely cc is in the settings under accessibility: you can set it as a choice of “always on” , “ on on replay” or “off”
It works on nearly all old shows and movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or