U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

7,375 posts, read 7,140,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltcolorado View Post
watching hummingbirds.

They dont share very well. Its not as good as watching football on TV but I think its better than watching soccer.
So enjoy watching hummingbirds chase each other around the feeder and across the yard!

Much better than watching golf. Zzzzzzz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 09:11 PM

24,480 posts, read 18,224,127 times
I went to the gym with a 63 year old coworker. I guess that counts.

Old Today, 01:25 PM

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I put the car fob in my pocket and my phone in the carís center console when I shop. My phone is in a wallet case, so I keep my credit card and driverís license in it and donít carry a purse/pocketbook or bag. I wanted to get a few things at a nearby plant nursery this morning and was multi-tasking, trying to quickly get out of the house.

I parked my car and went to grab my phone/wallet case and looked down to see I had brought the TV remote instead of my phone! What? How? WTF! I have plenty of excuses, but in the end, that was a really ďold personĒ thing to do.

I had to register to comment on this post.

OMG....thatís hysterical. I literally laughed for 15 minutes...with tears. Thank you. I needed that laugh.

Old Today, 01:35 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,218,301 times
I dont shop anymore, I order groceries on-line and they deliver. Wait, is that a young person thing?

Old Today, 02:25 PM

5,544 posts, read 3,189,135 times
Been married for 60 years, and still trying to train my wife to shut lights off.

Old Today, 02:48 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,901,966 times
I’m much more careful about climbing up and down stairs and ladders. I’m conscious that I cannot routinely lift things that I have in the past done easily.

I tend to not shave as often as I did when I was younger and so I look more like a scruffy prospector. On the bright side, my wife says she actually likes the "scruffy LOOK

I’m not as creative in what I wear every day. It usually consists of blue jeans, a button down shirt and a vest.

When people ask us over, I don’t look at my calendar, I simply say “how about Saturday”.

And, yes everybody under 25 looks about 14.

I try very hard not to act like an older person.

Old Today, 05:32 PM

6,680 posts, read 3,469,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I pee a little when I sneeze.........
LOL
Winner!

Old Today, 05:46 PM

6,680 posts, read 3,469,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
There is a setting on most newer TVs that emphasize speech over music or background noises. You may need to do an internet search on your TV model to find it.
Good to know —This is something I will need to explore, we really struggle with TV sound. We even bought a fancy sound bar and it doesn’t help that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or