U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:54 PM

10,184 posts, read 12,494,886 times

Advertisements

No, no, no... I am not worried about going to prison but I am sure this topic will be noticed by everyone.

Let's look at Ruth Madoff the wife of Bernie Madoff who is doing 100 years.

I believe Bernie forfeits his social security but what about his wife Ruth? She would get hers if she has it but what about spousal? Could she get Bernies?

And here you thought you'd see something really juicy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:57 PM

73,037 posts, read 72,816,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
No, no, no... I am not worried about going to prison but I am sure this topic will be noticed by everyone.

Let's look at Ruth Madoff the wife of Bernie Madoff who is doing 100 years.

I believe Bernie forfeits his social security but what about his wife Ruth? She would get hers if she has it but what about spousal? Could she get Bernies?

And here you thought you'd see something really juicy!
It is all here ...

“If you receive Social Security, your benefits will be suspended if you’re convicted of a criminal offense and sent to jail or prison for more than 30 continuous days. Your benefits can be reinstated starting with the month following the month of your release.
Although you can’t receive monthly Social Security benefits while you’re incarcerated, benefits to your spouse or children will continue as long as they remain eligible.”

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10133.pdf

Last edited by mathjak107; Today at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or