U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

2,969 posts, read 4,424,440 times

Advertisements

I believe we in Florida should just ban AC. That would thin things out considerably. Thank you for not living in a place you'll hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

20,588 posts, read 12,339,958 times
V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
"Our culture" is kind of funny coming from Florida which has the second-lowest rate of population made up by native-born residents in the country, with under 40 percent being native-born to that state. So, if you were wanting to close the barn door.......you are way too late.
We don’t need more people. And yes it is not what it was. It has changed considerably in 50 years.

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

709 posts, read 217,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Cold Temps = Warm Heart.
Right on! I cant imagine living in Florida. I hated visiting there and I would hate living there. Give me New England anyday and all year round.

Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM

6,467 posts, read 4,444,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
The posts in this thread are not my definition of warm hearted.

I call it "opinionated" (and us Northerners are that ), and IMO doesn't mean they can't be a potential "warm hearted" person.

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

2,505 posts, read 1,728,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I call it "opinionated" (and us Northerners are that ), and IMO doesn't mean they can't be a potential "warm hearted" person.
Sorry, I deleted my post. At least you quoted my unedited post and not the nastier version. It was kathartic for me, I get tired of the Florida bashing. I write many posts and never save them, but once in a while I do post and then regret it. I’m usually quicker deleting than I was today.

Last edited by jean_ji; Yesterday at 06:29 PM..

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

9,913 posts, read 7,189,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
I was giving serious consideration to Pensacola but no longer. I actually felt tension with the early predictions.
Gooooooood. Now if you'll just try and convince several thousand of your closest friends...............

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

150 posts, read 77,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
V

We donít need more people. And yes it is not what it was. It has changed considerably in 50 years.
Now that the major coastal metro areas have been largely built out, We can now only re-shuffle the same deck chairs on the ship while hoping the next person to board doesn't capsize it.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

13,876 posts, read 9,965,435 times
Simple remedy to hurricane :
_ _ Concrete _ _
_ _ _ Concrete monolithic domes
_ _ _ Tri-D-Panel concrete sandwich construction

To increase livability when utilities are out, consider autonomous features - super insulation - can operate when utilities are down - water cistern and hand pump - etc.
Party like it's 1889!

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

150 posts, read 77,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Simple remedy to hurricane :
_ _ Concrete _ _
_ _ _ Concrete monolithic domes
_ _ _ Tri-D-Panel concrete sandwich construction

To increase livability when utilities are out, consider autonomous features - super insulation - can operate when utilities are down - water cistern and hand pump - etc.
Party like it's 1889!
Maybe in Tornado Alley.

It's not the wind that kills most people during hurricanes, it's the storm surge.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,021,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
It's not the wind that kills most people during hurricanes, it's the storm surge.
I thought you were going to say it's the things the hurricane force winds are blowing around that kill ya. That too, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement