U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,793,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
None of your business since you are a robot minding data and is no longer a member.
Whatever the reasons for "PageyCakey" setting up an account and then disappearing (turns out it's the name of a rapper - wonder how many oldsters like me would know that?) - it's still one of the more interesting threads I've seen here lately, and I doubt there's much useful information to be mined here (or that the account was created by a bot).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

141 posts, read 52,816 times
44 years - retired a month ago when we relocated. We'll see if I return to full or part-time work, but so far I don't miss it at all.

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

758 posts, read 228,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Whatever the reasons for "PageyCakey" setting up an account and then disappearing (turns out it's the name of a rapper - wonder how many oldsters like me would know that?) - it's still one of the more interesting threads I've seen here lately, and I doubt there's much useful information to be mined here (or that the account was created by a bot).
Do C-D Admins start threads in order to keep interest (and traffic) up? Nothing wrong with doing so, especially if folks find the threads interesting.

At my old job, if somebody asked me, "How long have you been working here?", my stock reply was "Ever since my Boss started keeping an eye on me".
Not sure who to credit for that one, it wasn't my own, but I still chuckle at the thought.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

4,116 posts, read 1,642,934 times
first time i got paid: 8 years old.
still getting part-time pay so the
"how many" count is not complete.

Old Today, 04:03 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,737,156 times
If you include my college Co-Op years I have worked 45 years since High School graduation - and haven't stopped yet.

Old Today, 07:48 AM

5,232 posts, read 2,412,917 times
I started at age 16. When a government-mandated program disabled my youngest son at age 3, I left work at age 39 to explore options & resources only to find out I WAS the only option & resource, so I was forced into early retirement & am now effectively trafficked by our DHHS into uncompensated caregiving for the rest of my life.

So 23 years.

Old Today, 10:58 AM

1,617 posts, read 1,289,485 times
40 Years. Retired at nearly 63 yoa

Old Today, 11:21 AM

285 posts, read 43,583 times
Full time work began at 19 - with military and all civil service I have 35 years of working - I started earning my own spending money at 11 with babysitting and then started working at restaurants at 14 as a dishwasher and then moved up to waitress - all thru high school. I plan on continue working until 62 - 7 more years - so just over 42 years when I retire.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

9,224 posts, read 7,973,416 times
Not counting teenage nor military years, I started working at age 22 and retired at age 62 so 40 years working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or