U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:48 PM

50 posts, read 29,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
My method was to ask women if they wanted to go for a ride in my Vette. Of course, when we got to the parking lot and they found out I had a Chevette and not a Corvette, my chances diminished greatly .
Haha! I drove a Chevette back in the day, and would always joke that I drove a Vette ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:05 PM

560 posts, read 335,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereWarm View Post
Haha! I drove a Chevette back in the day, and would always joke that I drove a Vette ..

HA! ME TOO! In fact, I was 22 yrs old at the time and by a strange quirk of fate, I was living in Las Vegas too. I could lie about a lot of things to the folks back home

Old Today, 05:15 PM

4,570 posts, read 2,721,863 times
I always wanted a Chevette. Not the very first ones. But the later ones.

We had a Pinto instead.

But I needed a pickemup truck as i had a serious side business of mowing lawns.

Oh, id still love a chevette.

Old Today, 06:15 PM

74 posts, read 52,374 times
My great aunt and great uncle are one of the luckiest people who always done financially well enough to be able to actually enjoy their retirement years. They purchased several rental properties before they retired from their day jobs at 65. They also built a beautiful home across the country to move to in a peaceful gated community. They spend most their time traveling a lot as well as have many hobbies. On the other hand, it's truly sad that many people.. my parents included will never be able to afford to retire.

Old Today, 06:26 PM

4,770 posts, read 2,762,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
here is better tip , buy high and sell higher .

....or buy high and don't sell.

Well, until you need some money and have to sell something.

Old Today, 06:42 PM

2,421 posts, read 1,223,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Maybe you need a new approach ..what you do is rent a Porsche for the day ...then get that Barbie doll that comes with the Barbie doll Amex platinum card .....take a picture of a house in Malibu ...then get it it all together in photoshop ..

Blend in the Porsche, the house in Malibu together in the back ground ,then get the little Barbie doll hand holding the credit card in the foreground....now we are ready for the clincher ...take a picture of your lil Winkee dink and put it near the little Barbie hand that is holding the little Barbie credit card , that lil thing will look huge in comparison ....now you got everything you need to attract one of those young babes.

If that donít work then you have to get back to basics ...DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?

omg

Old Today, 09:34 PM

5,239 posts, read 8,782,343 times
Smile I laughed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereWarm View Post
I had Firebirds 3 of them - all Trans Am's. Loved them.

Then, I started a business with my brother and after working really hard, he gave me my all time favorite car - a 380SL (convertible) - black on black. I was just an average girl but I have to admit, I could get things I hadn't gotten before. (We had not taken a paycheck for a year so I got the car and some payments but it was the thought that counted).

I was the same person though but I loved that car. I had it 12 years and I know my daughter was hoping and praying it would come to her....but had to sell it (tear, tear).

It was a dream to drive. My fun car.

It's sad - you don't see as many convertibles today - I had it until 1995. I miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or