U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 10:43 PM

10,471 posts, read 3,997,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
In another recent thread now closed in another City Data forum, the discussion was on frequency of sex among singles and with whom on a casual basis, and an almost 67 year old women said "been there done that (in much younger years) - I'll wait for something better" as if casual sexual encounters for single unattached women of age 67 thru 72+ (or whatever) have men lined up wanting and desiring sex with a woman of that age and that sex at that age for women in the singles world is easy to come by - and as if casual sex were easily an option for her at age almost 67, as if there are tons of men seeking sex with women in that age group in the singles world!
Oh, I don't think they have men lined up waiting; but plenty of women in their sixties still have sex. With a partner. I doubt they are trolling singles bars, but they can find a partner somewhere.

Anyway, this particular Indian woman in the news did not get pregnant from having sex. She used donor eggs and IVF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:43 PM

14,062 posts, read 6,730,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
She used a donor egg.

I read the article. In that culture a woman is considered a complete and utter failure if she doesn't have children and is openly bullied for it. It's horrible on so many levels.
I don’t think this is correct, the bullying part. I mean I don’t think that’s accurate of Indian culture. Still if that is the case, it’s not her real eggs anyway. And kids who are orphaned there are even worst.Have you watched the Slum Dog millionaire, I think a movie with title like that.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:05 PM

5,443 posts, read 3,530,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Oh, I don't think they have men lined up waiting; but plenty of women in their sixties still have sex. With a partner. I doubt they are trolling singles bars, but they can find a partner somewhere. More than likely, men in their age range.

Anyway, this particular Indian woman in the news did not get pregnant from having sex. She used donor eggs and IVF.
I specifically said 'without a partner' NOT with a partner, but rather just as a single in the world of singles, and I described the conversation in that thread and it referred to nothing you say above. And I referenced women aged 67 to 72 and older, not just 'women in their 60's' which includes age 60 and the very early 60's and mid 60's which were not in the discussion.

You seemed to not read it closely - not that it's all that interesting. But I very obviously said WTHOUT A PARTNER, but rather singles who are having casual sex - so then the first thing you say is women with a partner are having sex - well, yes.

And the discussion in that thread was about having casual sex as a single, NOT with a partner. And I said specifically that the discussion excluded women with a partner.

(I was just responding to what Jim9251 said at his post #11)

Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM

5,376 posts, read 1,067,128 times
Charlie Chaplin's youngest kid was born when Charlie was 72 or 73!

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,216,218 times
This is absolutely ridiculous. A 73 and 80 year old couple having lab assisted children in the most populated country in the world is just a breakdown of society. What is wrong with these people and these doctors? How could they have possibly assisted with this? Why couldn't these people adopt a child? There are thousands available in that country. The father will most likely die well before the child is in the 5th grade.

This just makes me sick. Shame on the doctors for assisting these people.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

429 posts, read 117,353 times
Why is this in the Retirement forum?

Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

325 posts, read 158,988 times
Tony Randall was 77 and 78 when his kids were born.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

14,062 posts, read 6,730,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Charlie Chaplin's youngest kid was born when Charlie was 72 or 73!
But to a younger wife I think.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

10,471 posts, read 3,997,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous. A 73 and 80 year old couple having lab assisted children in the most populated country in the world is just a breakdown of society. What is wrong with these people and these doctors? How could they have possibly assisted with this? Why couldn't these people adopt a child? There are thousands available in that country. The father will most likely die well before the child is in the 5th grade. .
If you believe they are too old to be parents, then why would you want them to adopt? Children who are adopted have the same needs for a stable home life, as any other child.

Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,216,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If you believe they are too old to be parents, then why would you want them to adopt? Children who are adopted have the same needs for a stable home life, as any other child.
At least with adoption you are not bringing any new children into the world. Keep in mind this is India, the most populated country in the world.
In all honesty I think this was publicity stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or