U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 07:37 AM

10,655 posts, read 12,578,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I'm just a million dollars short of being a millionaire
You broke b1otch..........I'm only $999,981 short!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 09:23 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,183,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Showing up to an event event driving a few year Bentley is very humbling. Those guys with new cars can be so cruel.
To keep up with those rich guys, I think you need to do more than just skipping tipping ;-)

Tipping while retired? It's out of control.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:31 AM

3,768 posts, read 2,891,665 times
I started planning in 1974. All my friends were not even thinking about it when they were 25, and many never did. It was planning and sacrifice for the future.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:41 AM

14,123 posts, read 6,768,613 times
People who are keen on cars can tell whose faking it or not. As my husband said the neighbor bought a used Tesla. Haha. How does he know? He keeps up with the latest license plate. You don’t suddenly get a new car with an older year license plate.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:51 AM

14,546 posts, read 7,805,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
People who are keen on cars can tell whose faking it or not. As my husband said the neighbor bought a used Tesla. Haha. How does he know? He keeps up with the latest license plate. You donít suddenly get a new car with an older year license plate.

I had the same license plate from 1998 to 2015. It says "GEOFF" on it. It went on four different new cars that all decayed into old cars. I finally replaced it around 4 years ago with another identical "GEOFF" plate when all the color wore off.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I had the same license plate from 1998 to 2015. It says "GEOFF" on it. It went on four different new cars that all decayed into old cars. I finally replaced it around 4 years ago with another identical "GEOFF" plate when all the color wore off.
Thatís a special license type.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,681,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
It might have hit me in the mid 90's when I was listening to the radio and realized I was richer than Donald Trump! Of course they were reporting his bankruptcy with a negative net worth in the millions so just about everybody was richer, too. Probably still am/are if we knew the details of the Deutcshe Bank loans.

A couple years earlier I was reading a book about Lake Como and realized: I can go there! Maybe I wasn't richer than most but I bet I was richer than most people with so much free time.
I've been to Lake Como, so if that's the (or a) "bar" for doing "better"....

Agree with you about the orange man, but we better not "go there"....

Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 AM

32,693 posts, read 20,588,030 times
Quote:
People who are keen on cars can tell whose faking it or not. As my husband said the neighbor bought a used Tesla. Haha. How does he know? He keeps up with the latest license plate. You donít suddenly get a new car with an older year license plate.
Buying a used car is a financially wise decision. I don't get the sentiment here. Did he tell you he bought his car brand new or something?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 09-15-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Buying a used car is a financially wise decision. I don't get the sentiment here. Did he tell you he bought his car brand new or something?
Iím not dispute that. Iím just respond to one poster who said at a car event, his second hand Bentley was looked down on. I merely said that because most car snobs know they are second hand by looking at the license.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 AM

32,693 posts, read 20,588,030 times
Quote:
Iím not dispute that. Iím just respond to one poster who said at a car event, his second hand Bentley was looked down on. I merely said that because most car snobs know they are second hand by looking at the license.
Ah, sorry, missed that part of the convo.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or