U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

7,257 posts, read 4,033,215 times

Advertisements

Id say... be patient because in a few more years your life is going to go off the charts! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Status: ""Sire, the peasants are revolting!" // "Indeed, they are!'" (set 2 hours ago)

12,486 posts, read 7,654,214 times
Identify what you're really good at doing, whether you enjoy doing it, and whether you can make a living at it. If the answer to all three is a positive, go for it. Don't pursue something exclusively for the prospect of material reward, or because family, etc, wants to re-make you into a good example or "poster child".

The rest will probably take care of itself.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

3,508 posts, read 3,257,755 times
Don’t let other people define you. You are better than that.

Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

20,304 posts, read 19,285,182 times
Transfer out of this small time school to a big university. More things to major in, more people to meet, more opportunity.

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

55 posts, read 12,602 times
Don’t get a real estate license. Very few make a decent living and the ones that do, don’t have a life. Really. The hourly pay sucks.

Yea I know what you’re thinking. I made a boat load but look at me now.

If you want to be a mechanic, get an A&P license.

Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

2,296 posts, read 986,001 times
1. The years will pass far more quickly than you think they will, especially when you hit 30.
2. Find a good financial planner, develop a strategy for retirement, and stick to it no matter what.
3. Do not even think of taking on the responsibilities of a wife and children until you have completed your education.
4. Stay humble, remain teachable, and have compassion on those less fortunate than you are.

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

493 posts, read 187,927 times
I'd say "Do not buy Kodak stock buy Microsoft, then when they become listed buy Apple and Amazon. And when you bought Ebay and sold it? Do not sell it. Use all your tiny money and buy these stocks even though in the 1970s and 1980s brokers will gouge you with fees. Opening your ETrade account was a good idea.

The rest of your decisions from age 18 on were as good as possible given your situation and your life is going to be very good. Don't worry, but definitely buy those stocks and never sell them.

Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM

14,233 posts, read 20,743,775 times
Buy all the DEC you can until AAPL comes into being.
Sell all the DEC and buy AAPL.

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,350,772 times
You are going to have a roller coaster ride for the first part of your
life but it turns out great ��

Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM

4,856 posts, read 2,782,538 times
I wouldn't say anything. They probably wouldn't listen anyway and I'd just look like a meddling, know-it-all old goat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or