U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 12:26 PM

505 posts, read 1,000,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I seriously donít know. Iíve looked at dating sites but there are no women like me or even close to where I live. Iím not like others my age, Iím 59. Iím into living a healthy lifestyle, I donít own a TV, I listen to alternative rock music, ride dirt bikes, mountain bike, ect. There are NO unicorns my age, none. Women my ďageĒ tend to be sedentary and just want to eat. No thanks.
You and I seem of a similar make-up, and I agree on absolute unicorns, but... I met ladies who like me did not own a TV and were very interesting, listened to alt rock/progressive music/rap/jazz/classical and opera, did some snowmobiling, lots of hikes, and ate good healthful food too. In fact my very first date was with a gal who was never married, no children, a metallurgical engineer for an international Russian firm, who was also a legit well known yoga instructor... Kinda unicorny IMO, and I did not live in exactly the basket of haute culture or that near a mega city. Good luck for what you seek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 PM

4,354 posts, read 1,754,358 times
the grocery store.

as posted above:
"Reminds me of when my ex-wife would tell me I was 'flirt blind". When we were out, and even while she was seated right next to me, she told me women would flirt and I never noticed."

well, i am still married, and "flirt blind"...however my wife tells me that it happens a lot. the wedding ring appears to
have a vanishing deterrence factor while in the grocery store when she stays with the cart and i go get the milk.
"who was that woman?" "i do not know. she asked what kind of milk i liked." "yeah, right."

Old 09-16-2019, 01:57 PM

32,685 posts, read 37,284,397 times
I go to Sex addiction meetings and look for women who drop out of the program.

Other than that OLD always worked great in this huge city. Tiring but great. Lot of 1st dates.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:20 PM

1,173 posts, read 468,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
the grocery store.

as posted above:
"Reminds me of when my ex-wife would tell me I was 'flirt blind". When we were out, and even while she was seated right next to me, she told me women would flirt and I never noticed."

well, i am still married, and "flirt blind"...however my wife tells me that it happens a lot. the wedding ring appears to
have a vanishing deterrence factor while in the grocery store when she stays with the cart and i go get the milk.
"who was that woman?" "i do not know. she asked what kind of milk i liked." "yeah, right."
Ha! I was purchasing some Diet Coke a few weeks ago and a lady said, ďIím a Diet Coke gal myself.Ē

I told my wife that I really wanted to respond, ďIím more of a ďmind my own damn businessĒ kind of a guy.Ē

Then, my wife explained that she was flirting with me.

Lol

I can be oblivious at times simply because Iím never looking!

Old 09-16-2019, 05:24 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,147,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I seriously donít know. Iíve looked at dating sites but there are no women like me or even close to where I live. Iím not like others my age, Iím 59. Iím into living a healthy lifestyle, I donít own a TV, I listen to alternative rock music, ride dirt bikes, mountain bike, ect. There are NO unicorns my age, none. Women my ďageĒ tend to be sedentary and just want to eat. No thanks.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:29 PM

4,740 posts, read 4,640,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Good luck, men. I truly recommend the fitness center--I go to one and it's easy to meet people there--
Doesn't work for me. Nice eye candy when I'm on the treadmill or cycling machine, but when I'm at the gym, I'm there to get some serious exercise and training. Not to make any type of connection. I haven't found women to be "approachable" and keep my distance. Don't think I'd want anyone to flirt with me either when I'm concentrating on my workout goals, (I keep a log and track my efforts).

OP, can't really help you. I'm just taking life as it unfolds. If something happens, great! If not, that's okay, life will go on. Been taking ballroom dance lessons and have a couple of fundraiser dances coming up.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 AM

18,229 posts, read 23,613,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
For single older men - still working or retired - where do you go to meet single age appropriate women? I'm 60 and I don't think I would have anything in common with a person less than 50. And that is pushing it. I am thinking the 55-65 age range. The dating sites are no good in my opinion. The women there seem to have lots of men write them and it is difficult to find any kind of connection. Do you take classes, go to church, what? I always read these stories about single older women wanting companionship but I don't see it. Or I am looking in the wrong place.
I think your main problem is that most age-appropriate available women are done with dating and men. That's not "all" age appropriate women, but most. So, I think your available pool is just seriously diminished compared to when you were younger.

At our age - I'm in my early 60's and female - for myself and many other women I know my age - we just are really tired of taking care of other people. And, men in our age range are of a generation (and I'm not convinced young men have changed much either) where they expect women to take care of them.

Now, men our age will not think of things that way. They will think in terms of the fact that they may pick up the check or they mow the lawn or do handyman stuff. But, the cost or time involved in doing those things in ZERO ways equates what they expect from a woman.

Men ask me why I don't have a boyfriend/husband. I tell them because when I have a man, I have a lot more work - that men are a lot of work.

A man will expect me to cook, clean, do laundry, be available for sex, stay thin, be attractive, watch sports I don't care about, entertain his friends and kids and family, on and on.

But, in my experience, and I bet you're thinking this right now, men honestly and adamantly see my point of view as being wrong.

But, having a man in my life never made my life easier.

I know that some women are good at finding men who will take care of them on a level where it involves maids and drivers and nannies, etc. Unless a man is taking care of a woman on that level, then in my experience, he creates more work than he contributes.

Don't get me wrong, I like men. I just don't want a boyfriend/husband.

Without one, I can do what I want, when I want. I can eat what I want and as much as I want. I can watch what I want on TV, I can sleep in peace without being bugged. And nobody is making me feel bad about myself based on my weight, etc.

I'm just much, much happier staying single - and unavailable.

And, this is how many women my age feel. So, it's nothing personal. It's just that we finally feel like we're in control of our own lives.

And as far as sex goes, we can take care of that ourselves, too. And older men require more effort, etc., because of age issues. So, there usually isn't much there in the way of sex to make women want a man, either - it's usually more work than it's worth. So, like I say, overall, having a man in our age group usually means more work. One way or another.

I wish I could just beam someone down who would accompany me to shows or musical events, etc., but realistically, what are the odds I'd find a man who would want to go to the same things I'd want to go to - and - not also want me to go to something I'd abhor?

The bottom line is, even though I have moments of loneliness, I'm so much happier alone than I was when I had a man.

Anyway, I guess I'd just advise you to be wary of available women. If they aren't like me, they might be needy or want your money. There will definitely be the exception. But, just so you understand how and why the majority of women in our age group thinks, might help you just take the time to evaluate why any particular woman is available in your age group and approaching you or making herself available. She might really just be like you and someone who wants a relationship. Or, she might just be needy or want your money. Just be cautious, I guess is what I'm saying, as well as making you aware of where women are at our age.

Last edited by NoMoreSnowForMe; 09-17-2019 at 12:56 AM..

Old 09-17-2019, 01:03 AM

9,287 posts, read 3,159,153 times
The produce department of large, bulk-food stores.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:01 AM

73,584 posts, read 73,419,195 times
i would drive around town with a van and candy

Old 09-17-2019, 04:03 AM

73,584 posts, read 73,419,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The produce department of large, bulk-food stores.
cucumber aisle i bet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or