U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 04:22 AM

32,685 posts, read 37,284,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i would drive around town with a van and candy
I find a $100 bill at midnight seems to attract quite a few ladies looking for dates.

Not always the prettiest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 04:30 AM

73,585 posts, read 73,419,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I find a $100 bill at midnight seems to attract quite a few ladies looking for dates.

Not always the prettiest.
there were a bunch of prostitutes selling cookies in manhattan ... they were calling their cookies ---------------SOME-WHORES

Old 09-17-2019, 04:55 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,147,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I think your main problem is that most age-appropriate available women are done with dating and men. That's not "all" age appropriate women, but most. So, I think your available pool is just seriously diminished compared to when you were younger.

At our age - I'm in my early 60's and female - for myself and many other women I know my age - we just are really tired of taking care of other people. And, men in our age range are of a generation (and I'm not convinced young men have changed much either) where they expect women to take care of them.

Now, men our age will not think of things that way. They will think in terms of the fact that they may pick up the check or they mow the lawn or do handyman stuff. But, the cost or time involved in doing those things in ZERO ways equates what they expect from a woman.

Men ask me why I don't have a boyfriend/husband. I tell them because when I have a man, I have a lot more work - that men are a lot of work.

A man will expect me to cook, clean, do laundry, be available for sex, stay thin, be attractive, watch sports I don't care about, entertain his friends and kids and family, on and on.

But, in my experience, and I bet you're thinking this right now, men honestly and adamantly see my point of view as being wrong.

But, having a man in my life never made my life easier.

I know that some women are good at finding men who will take care of them on a level where it involves maids and drivers and nannies, etc. Unless a man is taking care of a woman on that level, then in my experience, he creates more work than he contributes.

Don't get me wrong, I like men. I just don't want a boyfriend/husband.

Without one, I can do what I want, when I want. I can eat what I want and as much as I want. I can watch what I want on TV, I can sleep in peace without being bugged. And nobody is making me feel bad about myself based on my weight, etc.

I'm just much, much happier staying single - and unavailable.

And, this is how many women my age feel. So, it's nothing personal. It's just that we finally feel like we're in control of our own lives.

And as far as sex goes, we can take care of that ourselves, too. And older men require more effort, etc., because of age issues. So, there usually isn't much there in the way of sex to make women want a man, either - it's usually more work than it's worth. So, like I say, overall, having a man in our age group usually means more work. One way or another.

I wish I could just beam someone down who would accompany me to shows or musical events, etc., but realistically, what are the odds I'd find a man who would want to go to the same things I'd want to go to - and - not also want me to go to something I'd abhor?

The bottom line is, even though I have moments of loneliness, I'm so much happier alone than I was when I had a man.

Anyway, I guess I'd just advise you to be wary of available women. If they aren't like me, they might be needy or want your money. There will definitely be the exception. But, just so you understand how and why the majority of women in our age group thinks, might help you just take the time to evaluate why any particular woman is available in your age group and approaching you or making herself available. She might really just be like you and someone who wants a relationship. Or, she might just be needy or want your money. Just be cautious, I guess is what I'm saying, as well as making you aware of where women are at our age.
I could not agree with you more. You took the words right out of my mouth. I am 64 and attractive, and have very little interest in dating, unless Lenny Kravitz comes knocking on my door.

If you can find a good looking gay man to take you to dinners and plays, you will be all set. They make the best companions. When I lived in Chicago, all my friends were gay men.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:57 AM

289 posts, read 104,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
I could not agree with you more. You took the words right out of my mouth. I am 64 and attractive, and have very little interest in dating, unless Lenny Kravitz comes knocking on my door.

If you can find a good looking gay man to take you to dinners and plays, you will be all set. They make the best companions. When I lived in Chicago, all my friends were gay men.

Thanks for the women's views. I have seen this as well. I have a friend that I had a short term relationship with 12 years ago. I ran into her again and tried to rekindle things. No go. She seems totally uninterested in dating and sex now, with anybody. She's 62. It is depressing, because I do want companionship. What is the point of having money to travel and nobody to go with? My attempts at volunteering to meet people have fallen flat. I wound up working and not meeting anybody. I took an exercise class, and the women all had wedding rings on. I still work, but we are constantly warned about sexual harassment to the point where I am paranoid to even ask a co-worker out for coffee. I worry that I would be hauled into human resources, since any woman can go to them and say they were made "uncomfortable" by a male co-worker. The online dating thing is a real eye opener, and the dates I have been on could be fuel for a comedy routine. So I guess I will keep trying, but it seems like an uphill road.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 AM

32,685 posts, read 37,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
The online dating thing is a real eye opener, and the dates I have been on could be fuel for a comedy routine. So I guess I will keep trying, but it seems like an uphill road.
Match offered me a nice selection to choose from. I probably went on 30 or more 1st and 2nd date types before I met who I consider my Match last year. I did learn to be more selective. I would stay off the free websites and go with the paid sites. At least there you know they are semi serious.

But the main thing is to just go and enjoy the date, the conversation and meeting someone new. It may or may not work out.

And you don't have to be Gay to be a fun, great date.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:27 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,735,725 times
Quote:
I think your main problem is that most age-appropriate available women are done with dating and men. That's not "all" age appropriate women, but most. So, I think your available pool is just seriously diminished compared to when you were younger.

At our age - I'm in my early 60's and female - for myself and many other women I know my age - we just are really tired of taking care of other people. And, men in our age range are of a generation (and I'm not convinced young men have changed much either) where they expect women to take care of them.

Now, men our age will not think of things that way. They will think in terms of the fact that they may pick up the check or they mow the lawn or do handyman stuff. But, the cost or time involved in doing those things in ZERO ways equates what they expect from a woman.

Men ask me why I don't have a boyfriend/husband. I tell them because when I have a man, I have a lot more work - that men are a lot of work.

A man will expect me to cook, clean, do laundry, be available for sex, stay thin, be attractive, watch sports I don't care about, entertain his friends and kids and family, on and on.

But, in my experience, and I bet you're thinking this right now, men honestly and adamantly see my point of view as being wrong.

I know that some women are good at finding men who will take care of them on a level where it involves maids and drivers and nannies, etc. Unless a man is taking care of a woman on that level, then in my experience, he creates more work than he contributes.

Without one, I can do what I want, when I want. I can eat what I want and as much as I want. I can watch what I want on TV, I can sleep in peace without being bugged. And nobody is making me feel bad about myself based on my weight, etc.

And, this is how many women my age feel. So, it's nothing personal. It's just that we finally feel like we're in control of our own lives.

And as far as sex goes, we can take care of that ourselves, too. And older men require more effort, etc., because of age issues. So, there usually isn't much there in the way of sex to make women want a man, either - it's usually more work than it's worth. So, like I say, overall, having a man in our age group usually means more work. One way or another.

I wish I could just beam someone down who would accompany me to shows or musical events, etc., but realistically, what are the odds I'd find a man who would want to go to the same things I'd want to go to - and - not also want me to go to something I'd abhor?

The bottom line is, even though I have moments of loneliness, I'm so much happier alone than I was when I had a man.

Anyway, I guess I'd just advise you to be wary of available women. If they aren't like me, they might be needy or want your money. There will definitely be the exception. But, just so you understand how and why the majority of women in our age group thinks, might help you just take the time to evaluate why any particular woman is available in your age group and approaching you or making herself available. She might really just be like you and someone who wants a relationship. Or, she might just be needy or want your money. Just be cautious, I guess is what I'm saying, as well as making you aware of where women are at our age.
This is a deeply cynical point of view, and it's absolutely true. I agree 100%!

Old 09-17-2019, 07:46 AM

21 posts, read 7,065 times
Quote:

While this may be true of some men, I can tell you that as a man I completely disagree with the bulk of what you are saying here about men. While I may be "younger" than the age demographic you mention, since I'm 50, the generalization that you categorize as what "older" men want is completely false. I hate watching sports, love to cook, and keep myself in decent shape so no, I don't want anyone to "take care" of me. And I do my own laundry. I completely don't want to discount your experiences, and that can be a very valid reason for you wanting to be alone. I can relate to that. However, making the generalizations that "older men" this and that, is simply not accurate.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
While this may be true of some men, I can tell you that as a man I completely disagree with the bulk of what you are saying here about men. While I may be "younger" than the age demographic you mention, since I'm 50, the generalization that you categorize as what "older" men want is completely false. I hate watching sports, love to cook, and keep myself in decent shape so no, I don't want anyone to "take care" of me. And I do my own laundry. I completely don't want to discount your experiences, and that can be a very valid reason for you wanting to be alone. I can relate to that. However, making the generalizations that "older men" this and that, is simply not accurate.
I think you missed the point of NoMoreSnow's post. She's not generalizing about men -- she's warning men about how many (not all, certainly, but many, including myself) older women feel. Whether or not you want someone to take care of you is irrelevant. Many women perceive you that way, and that's the reality you need to be aware of.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:31 AM

14,233 posts, read 6,830,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
This is a deeply cynical point of view, and it's absolutely true. I agree 100%!
I’m female and I disagree with the above post 100%. It’s the most nonsense post that I’ve read here for a long time. Men would stay away from people like this. Men, stay away from people like this.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Iím female and I disagree with the above post 100%. Itís the most nonsense post that Iíve read here for a long time. Men would stay away from people like this. Men, stay away from people like this.
Yes, indeed -- men, please do stay away from women who aren't interested in relationships later in life. Just be aware that NoMoreSnow and I are not the only two who feel this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or