Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 03:42 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times

Advertisements

+1 for mathjak107
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 03:44 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I seriously don’t know. I’ve looked at dating sites but there are no women like me or even close to where I live. I’m not like others my age, I’m 59. I’m into living a healthy lifestyle, I don’t own a TV, I listen to alternative rock music, ride dirt bikes, mountain bike, ect. There are NO unicorns my age, none. Women my “age” tend to be sedentary and just want to eat. No thanks.

You live in the wrong place or hang out with the wrong people. I'm female, around your age, race bikes and know lots of gals in our age range who ride. Men too. And lots of triathletes and swimmer in this age range. I do own 3 TVs, but also 7 bikes.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:03 PM

705 posts, read 505,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Generalizations are never a good idea.

Most of my girlfriends are all in the 60 year age range and all workout and live an active lifestyle. One in particular has a current national pharma commercial.

I know no 60 year olds that are sedentary and just want to eat.
Sorry, that’s why I used the word “tend” in the sentence. Maybe I should have used an emoji.🤗

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Ha, you're not looking in the right places. I'm a 64 widow and far from sedentary. Plus I hate eating. I only do it for survival. I'm definitely not a foodie. As a woman we have the same issues as men. I'm 64, but look a bit younger and I'm still fairly active. Men my own age look too old and not many men who are 55-60 are interested in a 64 year old. So I just don't bother even looking anymore.
You are an unicorn. Keep looking, you sound like a cool person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You live in the wrong place or hang out with the wrong people. I'm female, around your age, race bikes and know lots of gals in our age range who ride. Men too. And lots of triathletes and swimmer in this age range. I do own 3 TVs, but also 7 bikes.
Yes I do live in the wrong place. I go out Mtn biking and I’m the only person doing it on the trail. Same when I trail run. My state has a high obesity rate unfortunately. But I love it out here. Thx for the feedback.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:08 PM

2,595 posts, read 2,288,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I think we are seeing the reason older men go for younger women
I am not sure how to take that statement, but you are married so how would you know about dating anyway?

Old 09-17-2019, 04:58 PM

399 posts, read 700,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

And as far as sex goes, we can take care of that ourselves, too. And older men require more effort, etc., because of age issues. So, there usually isn't much there in the way of sex to make women want a man, either - it's usually more work than it's worth. So, like I say, overall, having a man in our age group usually means more work. One way or another.
THIS. If you aren't willing to invest in an erectile drug to help with this if it is an issue for you, then I am not going to spend 30 minutes trying to revive the dead. I have many tools to keep me happy in much less time. As the poster mentioned, too much work for nothing.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:00 PM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
I am not sure how to take that statement, but you are married so how would you know about dating anyway?
This is a second marriage . I was out on the prowl prior

Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,519,932 times
Grocery store. Wear a fresh shirt and a smile on your face. Just strike up small talk.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:46 PM

6,356 posts, read 7,764,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I'm off to go bike riding on forest trails through Farragut State Park. Maybe I'll get lucky and come across a nice 60-something lady riding the trails. Eh! Probably not.
Nope! Forest was deserted. No ladies. No guys either. One was leaving the trailhead as I was getting my bike ready. It's a glorious time in North Idaho. All the tourists have gone home. Kids are in school. Heat is a distant memory and it hasn't turned cold yet. Perfect time to get out into the forest and mountains. Life is good!

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 09-17-2019, 06:47 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,032,631 times
Local community art centers are full of women over 60, go to the opening of an exhibition, usually 2 hours long, and mingle. Artists like it when someone asks about their work and they are often standing next to it hoping someone looks at it. Wine and cheese is usually available so you can meet and mingle at no cost. There is absolutely no pressure to buy anything.

In my area of Florida the art centers have shows where 50 or more artists will display their work in a show several times a year. It's informal and you will see attractive women of all ages and types. All you need to do is smile and ask "Is this your painting?" and you are starting a conversation. You don't need to know anything about art, just keep asking questions, nothing personal like "Are you married?", more like "How long have you been painting/sculpting/drawing" or make a comment like "I really like _______ about your painting".

After you've been to a couple "openings" you might see some of the same women you've talked to already. Maybe they'll be looking for you to show up too. Women outnumber men at these about 20 to 1 so your odds are good. Most artists I know are introverts so you'll have to be the extrovert to get a date. (Obviously talk to women who aren't wearing wedding rings lol)

If you too are an introvert then take a group class that women are in the majority (art again but also genealogy, travel lectures). Seeing each other week after week you can get acquainted.

Last edited by twinkletwinkle22; 09-17-2019 at 06:59 PM..

Old 09-17-2019, 06:57 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I don't believe men and women were meant to live together.
I think perhaps they should live next door to one another and then visit now and then.
-- Katherine Hepburn
As much as I once enjoyed being married and much of the day-to-day routine of living with a man, this sounds like an absolutely delightful plan!

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 09-17-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement