U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2019, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
4,874 posts, read 3,847,075 times
Reputation: 9070

Advertisements

Jim, I still dream occasionally of beloved pets that passed away 50-60 years ago. My personal belief (which echoes the personal belief of an abbot of an Orthodox monastery whose beloved cat passed away recently) is that the love we have for our animal companions, and the love they have for us, isn't for nothing and lives on somehow. I think we will see them again, someday. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2019, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,161 posts, read 1,024,495 times
Reputation: 1030
My front yard is a lake. Tired of this rain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 05:54 PM
JRR
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
3,934 posts, read 2,353,972 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
My front yard is a lake. Tired of this rain
I would love it if you could send some of it down to me. Total rainfall here for Sept was .02 inches; normal is 3.9 inches. We are all excited about a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. Of course, that means a 40% chance of no rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,161 posts, read 1,024,495 times
Reputation: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I would love it if you could send some of it down to me. Total rainfall here for Sept was .02 inches; normal is 3.9 inches. We are all excited about a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. Of course, that means a 40% chance of no rain.
I was telling my wife that tptb should a pipeline from the Missouri River to the areas that need the water. The Missouri has been at or near flood stage since March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Central Connecticut
437 posts, read 287,761 times
Reputation: 980
Jim: I'm so sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,617 posts, read 12,527,924 times
Reputation: 15668
Had to have a molar extracted. Ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 PM
JRR
 
Location: Middle Tennessee
3,934 posts, read 2,353,972 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Had to have a molar extracted. Ouch!
No fun having that done. I'm always happy to hear the words "Everything looks OK" whenever I have a checkup. I just wish that I had heard it been more often in my life. Last extraction was a cracked wisdom tooth just before I retired. At least I still had dental insurance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 10:21 PM
 
1,650 posts, read 642,143 times
Reputation: 3544
Jim --

I am so sorry about your pup.

Hollyhock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2019, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Central NY
4,950 posts, read 3,429,038 times
Reputation: 12922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Had to have a molar extracted. Ouch!



I had two molars surgically removed (they both broke during extraction making it a surgical extraction).

Never felt a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2019, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Western Colorado
11,235 posts, read 12,736,264 times
Reputation: 26719
Last night was the first night since I lost my best friend I was able to sleep soundly and not wake up or sit all night sobbing. It's 33 degrees this morning, crystal clear sky, going trout fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top