U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 12:55 AM

62 posts, read 23,235 times

Advertisements

The only "rich person" thing I do...is stay at a somewhat spendy hotel in Key West every year or two for 3-4 nights.

I love Key West...my sister lives in Fort Myers so when I go visit her I head down to Key West and stay there for a few days.

Last bill was $2400 for 3 nights. I could probably find a cheaper place but I love the hotel I have stayed at the last few times down there....so I keep indulging.

I'm not rich by any means but that bill every year doesn't hurt too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 09:02 PM

5,827 posts, read 3,107,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You would only say I was overly sensitive if you knew you were trying to insult posters here with your remark. I'd say the same about you having to jump on a thread whose topic was going to be pretty obvious with the title it is calling people braggarts. Nope, not mixing up posters.
And you would be wrong in jumping to that conclusion.

You also obviously do not know what the words “some people” means. Hint: It does not mean all people who posted.

Go on...keep trying to twist my post into something other than what it said. You know you’re dying to pick a fight over your perception of an insult.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 PM

5,827 posts, read 3,107,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Post funny responses to 'rich people' threads.

Poor people take it seriously.
Ha, good one.

Even funnier is that a bot or an entity under a bridge probably started the thread.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:22 PM

2,051 posts, read 1,576,268 times
I avoid stupid and petty arguments by turning 180 degrees and walking away.

The more wealth I acquire, the more I do this.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:02 PM

4,940 posts, read 2,683,917 times
We buy high quality food, such as organic produce, organic pasture-raised eggs, organic milk, humanely raised, grass-fed meats, top-of-the line breads. It's better for us, and it's better for creatures during their lifetimes, as well as being better for the environment not to be inundated with pesticides.

We live well below our means, do not feel "entitled to" and are not shopping for a $2 million dollar-plus house.

While we tend not to spend much on rich people stuff, we were happy to watch a documentary on the Hotel Carlyle Hotel in New York City and agree with each other that "Hey, we can afford to stay in the Royal Suite if we want." Not saying how long, though.

Oh, and for all the tea snobs in the thread (), this is my teapot:

Old 10-05-2019, 03:34 PM

3,634 posts, read 1,728,587 times
LOL OkAY I'll play. I have my pa fly on my private jet all the way to the uk to pick up my fave snack and return immediately to serve it to me on a silver platter by the pool.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:02 AM

4,358 posts, read 2,344,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpctd View Post
The only "rich person" thing I do...is stay at a somewhat spendy hotel in Key West every year or two for 3-4 nights.

I love Key West...my sister lives in Fort Myers so when I go visit her I head down to Key West and stay there for a few days.

Last bill was $2400 for 3 nights. I could probably find a cheaper place but I love the hotel I have stayed at the last few times down there....so I keep indulging.

I'm not rich by any means but that bill every year doesn't hurt too much.

Just was there - Key West is SO much more expensive than the rest of FL and it doesn't really seem to slow down much in the summertime.

Old Today, 06:44 PM

6,694 posts, read 5,341,086 times
Everything i do is what a rich person does!

Ok - that is just based on something a person i hang around with said in a conversation. She said you can only retire if you are "RICH".

She is retired but still has to work. I am retired and do not work. So therefore i am rich!

She just spends too much money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or