U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:21 AM

658 posts, read 421,229 times

Advertisements

(1) we eat the highest quality pastured chicken eggs from the happiest chickens on earth

(2) we drink sweet, raw, goats milk

(3} by taking thousands of online surveys we take a 2 week cruise every other year

(4) I USSUALLY have the most luxurious soaps [ unfortunately, on the last bar. Sold out and still need to make more, and wait for the saponification process.]

(5) have a more beautiful view outside my window than Trump has ever had.

(6) get a weekly massage [from my husband]

(7) get thrice weekly hydromassage at Planet Fitness

(8) use vibration plates and red light therapy three times a week at Planet Fitness.

(9) Get a free personal trainer and plenty of gym equipment to use at Planet fitness[ I pay $20 a month for all of this, PLUS free pizza the first Monday of the month there [Beat that MATHJAK!]

(10] Have the most patient, always-on-call dance teachers [ I love YOU TUBE!}

( 11) have a better than billion dollar marrraige

( I2) I often attend $300 a plate gala fundraisers, paid for by organizations that actually want me there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:58 AM

4,981 posts, read 5,122,598 times
Rich things?

Well, I consume much less than I could.

Guess that's partially how I got to my current place in life.

Old Today, 04:29 AM

1,130 posts, read 416,117 times
I pay the unexpected plumbing bill of about $US4,000 without having to get stressed about it.

We are thinking of upgrading but downsizing our home as we have more than enough retirement income.

We just tip the expected 20% in the US and get embarrassed when some of our fellow Aussies don't.

Old Today, 05:04 AM

32,586 posts, read 37,234,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I've flown around the world three times.....
Did the plane refuel in mid-air or did you land a few times on this trip ?

Old Today, 06:34 AM

2,584 posts, read 934,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
<snip>Get a free personal trainer and plenty of gym equipment to use at Planet fitness[ I pay $20 a month for all of this, PLUS free pizza the first Monday of the month there [Beat that MATHJAK!]
I LOVE Planet Fitness (and, BTW, their stock doubled a year after I bought it). I'm getting a FB feed about some "luxury" gym opening near me, with no indication as to what it will cost (you have to provide contact info for that). No idea what makes it luxurious although I'm sure there's a fancy coffee/smoothie bar, but I'll stick with PF.

My biggest "rich person" habit is travel- Business Class on long-haul flights, small-ship (under 100 passenger) cruises, group tours of about a dozen people when I'm not traveling on my own. Last year I had a great group tour of India and Nepal, and in March I'm taking the ssem company to the Galapagos.

Actually, that's about my only "rich person" habit, other than buying well-made clothes and shoes, which I wear till they're no longer wearable. This year, though, my total spending on clothing and shoes has been a pack of athletic socks from Costco.

Old Today, 06:44 AM

10,677 posts, read 12,604,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerkaHD View Post
can be anything

i have been on 4 5000 holidays and spend 200 a month on bus travel.
Rich people don't take the bus........

Old Today, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I charter a private jet and fly about 10 of my friends out to a large chalet I rent in Aspen every winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
^^^ who believed me for a second? .

I was hoping we could be friends this year!

I figured you were joking since you "rented" the jet and the chalet.

Old Today, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post

I live in the biggest house in a gated estate, which my stepdaughter owns as an investment. We hire a gardener, who does the lawn with hand clippers.

Funny I know someone on 50 acres that actually has the gardens cut by hand! She thinks it looks better and wants the quietness. They mow the grass but everything is hand cut........to me that is crazy! You can buy battery powered clippers/pruners.

Old Today, 07:22 AM

6,122 posts, read 5,045,657 times
When we travel we hire a private local guide to drive us around to see the sights. It's a lot more fun, and we see much more and get a local's perspective.

Old Today, 07:27 AM

5,441 posts, read 3,770,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerkaHD View Post
can be anything

i have been on 4 5000 holidays and spend 200 a month on bus travel.
I pick up pennies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or